This look over priced?

-
Gosh if it was rebuilt with all the best parts, the engine sure looks like ****.

If that engine was done with the best parts available, they must have had mighty slim pickens for parts.

I have my doubts about this one, even if it appears to be a B block Formula S. There is way too much corrosion and oil seepage for the heads to have been off 4k ago. As for receipts, how does one know what was done, to what, and what motor it went on? Most of the time a receipt tells who paid what amount for work received. It would be a nice buy if the price were cut another $5k.

Present actual miles: 67,961. Engine rebuilt less then 4000 miles ago using best parts available. Machine work was done by Indy Cylinder Head and have all receipts.
All bullshit, I guess after paying Indy Cylinder Head he couldn't afford a can of rattle paint. Missing air cleaner and oil cap, what else is missing?

Needs body work but has solid floor boards and stainless exhaust. Car has not been driven for several years but does run (sounds good). Brakes untested. Would need new tires.
All apparently true, that should put the price around $3000 tops.

The angles of the pictures don't really show the condition of the quarter and everything, and like stated why does the engine look like crap? My 73 swinger engine compartment looked 10x nicer than that and it wasn't "rebuilt with the best parts," it was an original "unmolested" car too.

It's a pretty complete project 383 A-body that's not all raced out and missing too many hard to find parts and all numbers/buildsheet. BUT it's still a green/green coupe that does not bring the money has the fastbacks do. Looks like everything needs refreshing/replating/attention.

And I think it's got rust issues. Look at the hole in the drivers fender dog leg. Maybe the frame is ok, so what about the quarters, trunk, rear window, etc etc.

All done this car is a $35K car?

IMHO, it's worth between $10-15K depending on the rust. Might be less. Needs inspection of course.

Craigslist ad has incomplete information.
Original owner bought the car on 12.12.67.
Second owner, husband, bought it on 1.04.89 with 64,000 miles on odometer.

Engine work was done spring of 1991.
Have receipts for all work and 99% of the parts, includes 18 P-numbered parts from Direct Connection.

Husband developed ALS and the project stalled. Dan passed 7.12.08.
Car has sat since.
Air cleaner was removed to access engine and transmission numbers.

Only my second attempt at car ads.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2m3pu8p.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vbqvd4.jpg

Hot damn, found the original air cleaner housing. Wasn't sure this was the correct one. Checked some part sites. Repainted large housing 67-early 68 $700??? The chrome one is D.C.
Below pic shows engine prior to re-install after rebuild in either 1991 or early 92.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2vja7f8.jpg

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The way real estate is appraised is by comparing to other properties in the area that have sold.

one thing that dumbfounds me is the mileage deal..... speedo only goes to 99,999, how can anyone tell what the actual mileage is???? how many times have we changed out the instrument cluster to get workin soeedometer etc?????? just me....

one thing that dumbfounds me is the mileage deal..... speedo only goes to 99,999, how can anyone tell what the actual mileage is????

I've been able to do it twice through title searches. Each time a car changes hands, the title application requires a mileage declaration. I've found people will write something down even though the odometer is rolled over, or that no declaration is needed if the car is "mileage exempt".

how many times have we changed out the instrument cluster to get workin soeedometer etc?????? just me....
Must be good luck, but I've never picked an odometer that had been re-set. Good point though. I have had instances where the speedometer cable broke and mileage would be under-reported. (Last time this happened, I found my Garmin GPS made an adequate speedometer substitute).

She happens to be a member here and has accurately represented her late husbands car! I doubt she is far off on her price for what the car is! You guys sure are hard on people!!! Geof

She happens to be a member here and has accurately represented her late husbands car! I doubt she is far off on her price for what the car is! You guys sure are hard on people!!! Geof

Amen!
cudamike13

I would love to have that car!

She didn't bring the car to the forums attention , I did.

And has 4 posts , just to defend her car for sale on craigslist

Lighten Up francis

-
Back