This may help those that need help finding that honest body shop

-
Good info right there. I've also heard of making a timeline contract with the shop. Work done early gets bonuses. Work done late get monies deducted from job.

Good info right there. I've also heard of making a timeline contract with the shop. Work done early gets bonuses. Work done late get monies deducted from job.

That's the norm in the business world when it comes to working with contractors. The trouble that I see here is these are precious personal items the shops have their hands on and when you squeeze them for time or money it usually results in shitty work...

This is really good stuff, thanks for posting it.

I worked at a fair sized resto shop for awhile and mostly they followed some good business practices, but also some "not so good" business practices. They had some very talented people and did some great work, and for that matter were a class operation, but sadly they didn't last. (Went out of business)

A couple of his suggestions might have made a difference in their success and made some customers happier as well.

Thanks again PoisonDart74, for posting.

That's such a bad idea.

Perfection takes time and time is money. You don't have time for perfection? Here take this roll of tape. Now tape off every part of your car that you don't want finished.

Some great points in that article.

Half a dozen car in the shop covered with dust and 3 techs running around..... Your car will be the next car covered with dust and will be there forever.

Take your car to a collision shop, just automatically figure 1 year or more.

-
Back