This popped up on CL yesterday, kind of interesting.

-
They always go and screw those things up by putting those stupid looking extra bumpers sticking out on the "frame"

That's about 1.5 miles from me - never seen it around the neighborhood (not to say I've seen every other car in the area, but that'd stick out if I saw it ;-))

wasnt that on ebay a while ago?

the interior kills it, i actually like the rest...it would make my short list for a plow truck in a hurry

Interesting. I would drive it, had a Mazda B2000 that I put a V6 Buick engine in. Worked great for 3 years than the winter salt killed it.

yikes - that dash work would have to go! I've always liked the idea of cars on 4x4 frames, but it's rare to see it done well. Although whomever carved the dash was obviously talented, there is no way I could sit behind that.. it's just too much. I agree with DroVal - other than the dash, I like it.. I bet it would be a hoot to drive!

yikes - that dash work would have to go! I've always liked the idea of cars on 4x4 frames, but it's rare to see it done well. Although whomever carved the dash was obviously talented, there is no way I could sit behind that.. it's just too much. I agree with DroVal - other than the dash, I like it.. I bet it would be a hoot to drive!
much as I want a valiant wagon, I think they screwed it up royally !! RUINED IT!

I have a soft spot for 4x4 conversions. We've built, what, four of 'em? Never used a truck chassis under any of them, everything has been placed under/into the unibody. They set lower to the ground that way and almost look natural. The interiors looked stock except for the transfer case lever.

#1) 1970 Duster 4x4 with a 318 and a truck 4-spd manual

#2) 1973 Challenger 4x4 with a 383 and 833 4-spd. Used the factory motor mounts and transmission mounts.

#3) 1968 Chrysler Town and Country 4x4 station wagon with a 440. Still here on the property with no engine or transmission. For a lark, installed a 451, and entered it in a truck pulling contest once.............took 2nd place.

68 Chrysler Wagon & 451 stroker 004.jpg

68 Chrysler Wagon & 451 stroker 005.jpg

#4) 1967 Chrysler New Yorker 4x4 with a 440. Still own this one and is using the original engine and 727.

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for 4x4 conversions. We've built, what, four of 'em? Never used a truck chassis under any of them, everything has been placed under/into the unibody. They set lower to the ground that way and almost look natural. The interiors looked stock except for the transfer case lever.

#1) 1970 Duster 4x4 with a 318 and a truck 4-spd manual

#2) 1973 Challenger 4x4 with a 383 and 833 4-spd. Used the factory motor mounts and transmission mounts.

#3) 1968 Chrysler Town and Country 4x4 station wagon with a 440. Still here on the property with no engine or transmission. For lark, installed a 451, and entered it in a truck pulling contest once.............took 2nd place.

View attachment 1715008794

View attachment 1715008800

#4) 1967 Chrysler New Yorker 4x4 with a 440. Still own this one and is using the original engine and 727.
KILLER!! bet it's nice and quiet too!!!

-
Back