This weather has taken the wind right out of my sails

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
More rain predicted for tomorrow afternoon and I’m at a spot where I may just stay home again. If it wasn’t for me having a 165 mile trip to the Ace Race next weekend I wouldn’t even load up today. Beautiful weather all weekend and again finally for tonight’s test n tune. I told my son Matt he could race my duster next Saturday or Sunday and he turned me down.

IMG_2994.png

I feel your pain. I'm going to a track tomorrow that is known for poor track prep just because the race in Ardmore Ok. the following week is more than likely going to get rained out and I need my racing fix. I'm not going to tow 200 miles and spring for 3 nights in a motel just to watch it rain. If it's more than 20% chance of rain I'm not going.

I drove by Keystone twice last Saturday and it was closed. When do they open?

I drove by Keystone twice last Saturday and it was closed. When do they open?

If you are on Facebook check for updates. If you aren’t on Facebook check their webpage. We have been hammered by inches of rain many days in a row. The pits were muddy and water gets under the rubber on the track. He made the right call.

IMG_2033.jpeg

I had to pick up a car in Clymer and take it to Indy. I was on Rt. 22 for the first time and didn't know that was where the race track was.

I had to pick up a car in Clymer and take it to Indy. I was on Rt. 22 for the first time and didn't know that was where the race track was.

Just for a heads up if you are ever there again. We don’t use the gate where the funny car is except for big events. 30 yards past there is a smaller sign and a turnoff. That is the entry gate we use.

Yeah weather sucks. I wanted to go last weekend and it rained out. I was planning on going tomorrow but I'm not going to waste my time seeing that forecast. Finally to the point where I have the time to go and we just can't catch a break with the weather.

Yeah weather sucks. I wanted to go last weekend and it rained out. I was planning on going tomorrow but I'm not going to waste my time seeing that forecast. Finally to the point where I have the time to go and we just can't catch a break with the weather.

It’s getting old buddy. Honestly if I didn’t already pay 200.00 towards next weekends race I’d stay home. I’ll see how I feel Monday and if I feel the same I’ll sell it. I couldn’t even talk Matt into driving Saturday or Sunday.

Going through the same thing here.... really taking a toll on my motivation to do anything. Wife is out of town so I am on my own and all I've been able to do is make breakfast and watch TV. Can't even convince myself to go out to the shop and do some cleaning.

Dry as a bone here, 95° F, nearest track is a hundred and twenty miles away....., and the cars aren't ready.
Busy moving dead cars around, and sweating.

Sold a new set of Speedmaster heads and a new Racer Brown solid lifter cam to a Facebook friend in Ohio. Less work that I have to finish. Lol

Going through the same thing here.... really taking a toll on my motivation to do anything. Wife is out of town so I am on my own and all I've been able to do is make breakfast and watch TV. Can't even convince myself to go out to the shop and do some cleaning.

You COULD take the dog for a walk…just sayin’…

-
Back