Those $20X.00 4340 H beam connecting rods on eBay-

-
Which bolt is it?

They are essentially all the same rods. Some guys snivel if the rods are undersize but that's what I want. I finish to the size I want.

3/4 of my brothers 90 5.0 ferd was procomp parts. From manifold to rods. He beat the crap out of that thing for 6 months. The only thing that took that motor out was a blown fuel line and a huge roadside fire. Poor car had to be scraped off the roadway.

That's pretty close to what I used but I the rods I have got ARP rod bolts. And I made damn sure they weren't ARP copies. I found out who the supplier was and ARP verified they supplied the rod bolts.

All those rods come out of 2, maybe 3 different manufacturers. Make sure you check the sizing and hope they are small. I've never found them big which IMO is the way it should be.

And they say in one place the pin diameter is .927 and another it's listed as .984 and the pin end width is .927 so I'd double check before I ordered.

Look like arp 2000 cap bolts.
That's what I run. Plenty fine and overkill if there was such a thing, not.

arp-2000-race-rod-bolts-3-8-per-bolt.jpg

Those rods are have .927 wrist pin......I emailed them several month ago about their ad....and they responded that they are .927 wrist pins....

Asked about fixing ad on ebay...but apparently not

Those rods are have .927 wrist pin......I emailed them several month ago about their ad....and they responded that they are .927 wrist pins....

Asked about fixing ad on ebay...but apparently not

Well that sucks for most guys not running a stroker piston. The way the ad is on the add it says .927 pin but in the specs it say .984 pin with a pin end width of .927 which is weird because most rods I've seen with a Chevy pin have a Chevy big end as well.

I know what the ad says....but they are .927 wrist pins....I complaint about the ad and they said it was up to the marketing people to correct it and it never has been correct....

I had a conversation with someone on who bought a set and were able to return them due to the error....as long as they were not more then a year old....

I know what the ad says....but they are .927 wrist pins....I complaint about the ad and they said it was up to the marketing people to correct it and it never has been correct....

I had a conversation with someone on who bought a set and were able to return them due to the error....as long as they were not more then a year old....

Good grief. Who would make a rod with a Chevy pin and Chrysler throw? I'd rather grind a new crank to 2.100 or even 2.000 if the oil holes didn't move too far out and buy a 6.125 Chevy Rod.

What a rediculous Rod to make.

Good grief. Who would make a rod with a Chevy pin and Chrysler throw? I'd rather grind a new crank to 2.100 or even 2.000 if the oil holes didn't move too far out and buy a 6.125 Chevy Rod.

What a rediculous Rod to make.

Any chevy pistons with compression height that would work with some Mopar Stroke?
Is there enough meat to pinfit?
I used to bust mopar rods offset to increase the length and get a little more compression (long time ago)

-
Back