Those bastids at ferd are at it again

-
Keep in mind, the 69-70 Boss 302s were rated at 290 for insurance purposes, and it was in direct competition with the 69 Z/28, also rated at 290hp with the Chevy 302--both of which were homologated race cars for the Trans Am circuit. and in 70, Parnelli Jones worked Chevies over with that weak little 302. There were other models, also underrated...it was common for the day-for all mfrs...how much did the LS7 454 kick out? How about the Hemi? 425? yeah right...probably closer to 475 or higher. The 428 CJs were rated at 385, but likely closer to 420, 427 side oilers were rated at 425, but were likely closer to 470 with 11:1 compression and dual quads.
True, I just always wondered why Ford always had the lowest advertised horsepower of the big three. Always seemed odd.

why bash what Chrysler doesn't do !!!!!!! Good for ford they want to sell vehicles and give owners options--just 2 cents worth ok some one will beat me up--Steve

Cuz that is what Mopar folks do....Bash others for building a great product ...That or perhaps it is just jealousy.....

Touché! Happy for ya there! I've known a couple guys that received a fair amount of grief from the dealer in Abilene...but hell, all the dealerships there will try to piss on your back and tell you it's raining.

True, I just always wondered why Ford always had the lowest advertised horsepower of the big three. Always seemed odd.

Very simple. Because all their heads except a scarce few SUCKED BALLS.

Yawn, you guys don't get the Ford racing news emails? Last weeks news. Got to keep up with the other guys. Just sign up for those emails...and than you can enter to win all the cars and trucks the other brands are giving away.
And hell yes it is a lot of hp for a reasonable price.....Lets drop them in everything...

Indy offeres more HP at the same price out of a small block mopar. I don't think it has a warranty like the ford motor though.

Attachments

• indy.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 182
Indy offeres more HP at the same price out of a small block mopar. I don't think it has a warranty like the ford motor though.

Apples and oranges-Indy is an aftermarket engine supply, what's shown is straight from FRPP. But, if you want to go that direction; for the Ford market, there's DSS racing, Coast High Performance that offer some pretty decent packages. DSS has a 427 stroker long block for about the same price. I think for that matter Dart offers some built engines comparable in price and hp to those.

The entire MP organization has been an afterthought and now is 85% focussed on vehicles currently in production. So unless it's a cold-air kit or color-keyed key fobs the stuff sucks. What MP now sells is basically an aftermarket supplier part. They had to - when they tried to do it in house they couldn't get the things to work. So now we pay the extra labor for a decent shop to do the work, and fix the parts to use, and pay the 100% markup on the components that shop uses. Hence the MP crate motor pricing.

$9999 list and a warranty. Sorry but that kicks anything from Fiat's ***. I love old mopars but as far as current companies and cars go Ford would get my vote any day over Fiat.

So unless it's a cold-air kit or color-keyed key fobs the stuff sucks. What MP now sells is basically an aftermarket supplier part. They had to - when they tried to do it in house they couldn't get the things to work. So now we pay the extra labor for a decent shop to do the work, and fix the parts to use, and pay the 100% markup on the components that shop uses. Hence the MP crate motor pricing.

Thank you. You get it too. Don't forget the carbon fiber horn buttons. :D

I was thinking about getting one of these Ford 427 crate motor from Summit for my '64 Ranchero on a credit card because it seemed like a pretty killer deal for the money. Check it out......

http://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/fms-m6007z427frt/overview/

Now I just wonder if that $1000.00 is worth it for the extra 40 H.P. (460 cubes vs. the 427)

Found on rubbish dump
Fixed or repaired daily
F*cked on race day
Ferric oxide round doors
f*cking old rusty dog
And backwards you get,
Driver returns on foot.

Drop 10K an one of these, and maybe it'll make you happy.

I'll probably get trashed but I've gotten damn good service out of all the ford products I've driven.275,000 without any major repairs on 3 of my work vans.Loaded down,city miles.Most of the Dodges at work got 150,000 at the most out of their original engines/transmissions.Yes I own a Fords too.A ranger and a Fox Mustang.

-
Back