[WANTED] Thottle cable setup for small block

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You must first remove the 65 kickdown bracket. The only thing you need for the Street Demon carb is their 124007DEM stud. https://documents.holley.com/lit701rev10.pdf The stud is almost in the right position, only .12 off on the radius with the throttle shaft. Next you need the upper 340 rod and spring as shown in post #21. Then the rest of the linkage down to the kickdown lever on the trans. Or go with a cable setup from Bouchillon Performance Engineering. BPE TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

You must first remove the 65 kickdown bracket. The only thing you need for the Street Demon carb is their 124007DEM stud. https://documents.holley.com/lit701rev10.pdf The stud is almost in the right position, only .12 off on the radius with the throttle shaft. Next you need the upper 340 rod and spring as shown in post #21. Then the rest of the linkage down to the kickdown lever on the trans. Or go with a cable setup from Bouchillon Performance Engineering. BPE TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering
ok thanks! is the bracket you are talking about this one i just put on? ok i ordered the 124007DEM stud. so just look on ebay for the 240 setup? or anyone have one for sale?

s-l500.jpg

ok thanks! is the bracket you are talking about this one i just put on? ok i ordered the 124007DEM stud. so just look on ebay for the 240 setup? or anyone have one for sale?

View attachment 1715974301

Yes, but eBay can be wrong about the 340 set up. Look for a 67 up small block 3 piece kickdown linkage. If I remember correctly, If you have the top rod and spring the rest of the linkage can be made to work. I saw someone was reproducing the top rod, I'll see if I can find it.

No, the bracket you have will work. Is the bracket all you have? Do you have the cranks on the intake bracket and transmission along with the rods to connect everything up? Do you have the kickdown arm on the transmission?

Can't tell from those photos......You need a factory small block 4bbl setup, and even then, you'll probably have to do some minor mods to work with your aftermarket intake and carb.

Can't tell from those photos......You need a factory small block 4bbl setup, and even then, you'll probably have to do some minor mods to work with your aftermarket intake and carb.
i got you, hard to find it, surprised no one has one for sale on here

just watched a video of someone on here 2-barrel to 4 barrel linkage conversion. i can use the throttle cable. the kickdown is issue. i have a rod thats strait the one with the slot angles up to be even with card. linkage

I still need the kick down rod or the whole assembly, let me know what you have and price

so now i am really confused. i got the carb stud but if you look at the pic there is no was that stud will fit where they show it. are you suppose to cut it? or i am going to need an additional bracket?

bracket.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back