-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkingan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a throttle cable setup for my 65 valiant with the 273 commando. its 4 barrel carb . right now it has a demon street carb on it and from a post i did here for help looks like its all messed up. i have no reference to go buy so kinda trying to figure out what will work. this is what is setup now and does not work properly. let me know what you have and price. thanks

20220731_153625.jpg

20220731_153647.jpg

20220731_153652.jpg

That's one hell of a return spring! You might want to go with what Oldmanmopar shows in his photo. It's easier to push, easier on the cable and linkage, and most importantly, is safer to have dual springs in case one breaks.

I am old and do not know how to do that but it
is a Holley part and about $15. on Summit site.
It takes one hole on bracket enlarged for carter
probably drop in for you.

Looking for a throttle cable setup for my 65 valiant with the 273 commando. its 4 barrel carb . right now it has a demon street carb on it and from a post i did here for help looks like its all messed up. i have no reference to go buy so kinda trying to figure out what will work. this is what is setup now and does not work properly. let me know what you have and price. thanks

View attachment 1715964017

View attachment 1715964018

View attachment 1715964019
I have a set up off a 74 duster 318 for auto trans

AHH! this driving me nuts i got the one bracket but i'm still all messed up please look at the pics and tell me what i need or how i can get this to work. the bracket i got is included. this should be simple just frustrated.

20220818_121359_03.jpg

20220818_121842.jpg

the link i got has that same cable end but the bracket he is using is way taller

clip-jpg.jpg

does anyone have the complete setup i can buy to quit screwing around lol

With an aftermarket intake and carb, you may have to modify whatever setup you get. Looks like you have the correct '65 factory kickdown linkage. You mainly need the correct cable bracket, carb post (and maybe adaptor kit), and you might have to modify the length of the forward kickdown rod.

i'm crisscrossed on one issue and when cable is pulled back it binds, the kickdown works ok its throttle that i. having issues

20220817_164435.jpg

This is a step in the right direction.

Edelbrock 1406 w/electric choke, they work great right out of the box on the small blocks, along with the mopar 1481 carb bracket.

Then you get the 4bbl intake manifold bracket to work with your stock throttle cable.

Factory mopar 4bbl kickdown linkage works best with the automatic trans.

Can find these on ebay.

th-1102564162.jpg

The forward kickdown rod has to move rearward toward the firewall to work properly.....not go forward.

View attachment 1715972704
This is a step in the right direction.

Edelbrock 1406 w/electric choke, they work great right out of the box on the small blocks, along with the mopar 1481 carb bracket.

Then you get the 4bbl intake manifold bracket to work with your stock throttle cable.

Factory mopar 4bbl kickdown linkage works best with the automatic trans.

Can find these on ebay.

View attachment 1715972708
should have done that the card is barley used about year old

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back