Thought you might like this

-
VERY interesting. I certainly did not know those cars were capable of that kind of performance, as I'd always heard the common line about how sluggish they are.

Seems to me that if a turbine is every going to "make it" in an auto or other vehicle, some sort of hybrid setup would be the way to go, so that the turbine could run at good efficiency, and either pump up some sort of accumulator, hydraulic drive, or a hybrid/ electric or other lashup.

I usually don't like computers in cars but that's what the Turbines need.
Something to keep the Turbines wound up when needed. Like early on when starting up a hill. Some sort of Grade Logic if you will. I would love to have that Bronze Blowtorch!

Thanks for posting. I have that issue, it's a keeper. Some other interesting articles on alternative energy powerplants.

The 15 extra photos on the bottom of the page are simply awesome. The interior is something else...

One of the instructors here at work was in the right place at the right time and got to go for a ride in a Turbine Car. It was the one that was in the museum near St. Louis.

-
Back