Thoughts on Electrical Problem

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
So as we are putting my car back together, we suddenly developed a small electrical problem. Having put the dash back in the car and reconnected all of the electrical systems under the hood, everything seemed to be working fine. All of a sudden, the rear lights and rear turn signals stopped working. All of the fuses are good. The electrics in the dash seem to be fine and the forward (underhood) electrical system seems to be working as well. I would appreciate any thoughts as to what might be the cause of the rear light failure.

Well... There's a harness connection behind the left kick panel. If nothing there, signal switch would be my next target.

Well... There's a harness connection behind the left kick panel. If nothing there, signal switch would be my next target.

I assume that the harness connection was made since the lights were working. When you say signal switch, do you mean in the steering column?

Do you have a good ground for the rear lights?

Where are the rear lights typically grounded?

May have traced the problem to a loose wire. Seems to be functioning the way it is supposed to be now, but will wait and see. Thanks for the thoughts.

-
Back