Thoughts on this '73 Dart on CL

-
I have been considering this one for a little while now, but am a bit anxious about spending that much right now. Just thought I would get your opinions on it.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3934478293.html

not sure what cars go for in your area but..... that looks like a 3k car. tops. its a 74. not very desirable. it has *** ugly rims. the car looks pretty solid so that is only reason i say 3k. i wouldnt pay over that unless i absolutely fell in love with it. I see wires hanging down under the dash. that would worry me also. if you have $6500 bucks. you can get ALOT of car for that kind of money right now. id keep looking.

not sure what cars go for in your area but..... that looks like a 3k car. tops. its a 74. not very desirable. it has *** ugly rims. the car looks pretty solid so that is only reason i say 3k. i wouldnt pay over that unless i absolutely fell in love with it. I see wires hanging down under the dash. that would worry me also. if you have $6500 bucks. you can get ALOT of car for that kind of money right now. id keep looking.
i agree,tailights are in the bumper though so it is a 73.those are some sad *** wheels....View attachment Img_01086.jpg

No way. Totally not worth the money, unless you could get him waay down on price AND have him keep those wheels. I don't even know if that's a $3500 car.

Hard to tell looking at the pics on my phone. Looks clean but would have to see it in person. Being a 73 you can at least get rid of the beak down the road.

Depending how clean in person it is I'd say 3-4k max. 318 beak cars are a hard sell.

It's worth looking at though.

Yea looks like a passer to me. And like he said above about new carpet? I'd be leery about what else hes hiding.

Thanks everybody. I had my doubts about it, but figured I would ask. I tend to miss a lot of the little details that most of you guys see. I have never been a fan of the pointed front end (or beak as some of you call it), but the black hides it a bit, so was willing to over look that point. I'll keep looking...

I just did a Craigslist search for Darts in AZ. The pickins are slim. Probably priced right for what's available but that doesn't mean I would buy it.

Keep looking, a better one and a better deal will come along.

Not sure if you're into Dart Sports, but here's a 75 Dart Sport in AZ for $1800 obo.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4038502533.html

"I'm selling my yellow and black dodge dart it's a good car it runs good and it has leather seats it's automatic original motor & transmission I have a clean title I'm asking for 1800$ obo"

00b0b_dkIYxZB4Ikj_600x450.jpg

01212_8Rz1vSuqqs3_600x450.jpg

Here's the more desirable, 70 Dart Swinger for $4000. Needs some work, but looks solid.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4024979863.html

"1970 Dodge Dart Swinger has 318, automatic transmission pretty solid body minimal rust issues Drivers side quarter glass is missing was like that when I got the car, interior is in good shape tan in color bench seat I also have a new radiator and other parts for the vehicle hate to sell but just to many projects and not enough cash to finish them. I have title in hand."

00d0d_wcCKdcmoIq_600x450.jpg

00x0x_d50JDZD54Hw_600x450.jpg

Wheels are hideous, black car with a tan interior?
And black car in Phoenix is hot with a modern AC, much less an old school AC...

My $0.02

Come on, guys... that Dart isn't that bad. I'd agree that a '73/318 car is not going to sell for anything near the asking price but it looks like it's in nice shape. Absolutely check for bondo, especially at the rear quarters... and check under the carpets...

If it was priced right, I'd say that it's a pretty desirable car. Some of us actually like the beak!! :D

Come on, guys... that Dart isn't that bad. I'd agree that a '73/318 car is not going to sell for anything near the asking price but it looks like it's in nice shape. Absolutely check for bondo, especially at the rear quarters... and check under the carpets...

If it was priced right, I'd say that it's a pretty desirable car. Some of us actually like the beak!! :D

i agree. its not bad looking but it sure isn't ever going to be desirable...

int looks good. wondering if the pic is just old with old carpet in it.. maybe there really is new carpet in it.. like i said its worth a look.. if there is no plastic and you can live with the beak then i'd say 3-4k as long as mechanically it checks out.

the hanging wires look like they may be from the radio.. check it out though.

Here's the more desirable, 70 Dart Swinger for $4000. Needs some work, but looks solid.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4024979863.html

"1970 Dodge Dart Swinger has 318, automatic transmission pretty solid body minimal rust issues Drivers side quarter glass is missing was like that when I got the car, interior is in good shape tan in color bench seat I also have a new radiator and other parts for the vehicle hate to sell but just to many projects and not enough cash to finish them. I have title in hand."

00d0d_wcCKdcmoIq_600x450.jpg

00x0x_d50JDZD54Hw_600x450.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on those 70DartMike. I am even less of a fan of the that later body style (dart sport or duster) with the beak. And unfortunately I need something that can be driven right away.

The black here in AZ doesn't bother me. I have gone without AC in most of my cars and my last one was a Black Cherokee with no AC, lol.

If you go by NADA the average retail price for that car $6,809 with the 318 and factory A/C. Plus if he has all of the receipts to prove the work has been done by a professional. I would take a good look at it see if anything needs to be done to it right away or if it looks like it would be a solid car for a long time. I say if it all pans out and it looks solid as a rock in person go for it. You can always haggle for a lower price.

I guess what I'm saying is if you want a project pass for that price, but if your wanting a jump in and drive car that has all the major work done already and you can just enjoy it then go for it.

It really depends on the amount or lack of Rust as to what it's worth. Good paint + solid body = worth the price. Price body shop labor and paint these days, 6K won't cover the cost. Take a knowledgeable person with you to get a accurate fair assessment of the car.

It really depends on the amount or lack of Rust as to what it's worth. Good paint + solid body = worth the price. Price body shop labor and paint these days, 6K won't cover the cost. .

i understand that argument. but in reality it usually doesn't hold true for a beak car. just so hard to get money from a dart with a beak. if that thing was a 70-72 then i'll bet someone would pay 6k for it as long as it was clean. being a beak car they are lucky to get 4k for it. just the reality of the situation.

whats nice about a 73 is that it most likely has big bolt disc brakes already and you can pull the beak off and replace it with a 72 front clip. the 74-76 are doomed without having to do major surgery..

I like my beak car, more than quite a few I've seen, but I don't plan on making a profit from it either. That's what the stock market is for. Even so, I still think the car being sold is too high for what you would get. Looks like a vinyl top delete. Possibly a white hat option based on the interior color, check for rust (or heavy filler work) along roof seams along with the other usual suspect areas.

Interior is worse than mine, and can't tell by looking but that **** to the steering wheel probably means time for new bushings, tie rods and alignment. Also jus tthe Black and Tan works for beers, but I don't like that combo on the car. I would agree you can find more car for that kind of money.

The beak is a matter of taste, I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

-
Back