Thoughts on this Dodge D50 pickup with a smallblock

-
.....and as for the D50, i love little cars (of trucks)with big engines. I would have used at least a 360, probably a 408.
I doubt i would have bothered with the swap for a 318.

To my knowledge the only way to post vids here is with a link to a service like YouTube. Maybe Gold Status can do it.
Anyone can post a link to a You Tube video. Video's saved directly to the site like photos, take huge hard drives/servers for storage.

My Mazda B2000 has headers and motor mounts available for a 302 swap. skinny motors....would be easy. 7.x Rears are fragile as I've been told by I've have 2 and never had issues. That V8 install looks stock, fits nice. 6K is too much.

I love D-50s.
and that is a nice one.
Mine were all 2.0L 4 and 2.6L 5 speed but IIRC the auto version had a 904 behind the 2.0 or 2.6 motors.

Those Mitsubishi stick transmissions would never hold up with a V8 swap.

The rears are pretty good, most were 3.90s but open only

Had a friend that started building one of these, but never got it to a point where it ran before selling it so never got a ride. Bet this one is blast to drive and looks to be a really clean install. I like it.

I have a 95 factory V8 Dakota on this site for sale. Make a reasonable offer for it. It's a lot of fun to drive......

FYI, I've seen your post, drooled over it even. Just too far and really trying to not pick up another project that would distract me from what I already have. I'd probably drive it like it is for a good while but also don't need another truck to park on the street with the 4x4 Dakota I already have.

Little trucks are fun, I just gave a V-8 Dakota to my nephew. He just turned 16.
Kids have alot of energy, the first day he put a battery in it, dumped some gas in the tank and it fired up and idled.
He fixed the brakes, with his dad's help.
A week or so later I went up to their house, there was a set of black marks about 100 ft long by their house.
I hope he does not hurt himself in his first vehicle.

-
Back