Thoughts on witch stall to get

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Would like some thoughts on witch stall converter to get.My goal is to see if I can get one on line,would like to elimanate the middle man.Also would like to get one I can aford.Thinking of 2500 or 3000 stall.My build is 360,mild and 727 tranny.Cam is 280-474.Witch converter should I stray away from.

I wish you had a 904 Snake,I have a very low mileage 2500 stall sitting here.I think I maybe put 5-700 miles on it.Oh well,thems the breaks.Good Luck,2500-3000 sounds about right for your street duties!

P.S Sorry Holley 750 was sold to MrMopartech.

Though I'm not really into automatics....

Whats the cars weight
rear gear ratio
overall useage target

I'll assume a street car with as much driving as possible rather than a street striper with low gears.

I'm with Pettyblue. I may Error on this, a bit low on stall. 2500

You could allways call up a pro shop and ask there opinion. Like TCI.

Ah thanks for thinking of me Pettybludart,how is your build comeing?3forty not now but in the summer I plan on a getting a 8 3/4 with 323 or 355or 391.Rumble fish it a 69 Dart,what do they weigh?got me lol It will be a street car mostly,my thoughts is without one my cam may not idel well.Like I said I would like to get one on my own,I am sure a parts store will up there price.

Ah thanks for thinking of me Pettybludart,how is your build comeing?3forty not now but in the summer I plan on a getting a 8 3/4 with 323 or 355or 391.Rumble fish it a 69 Dart,what do they weigh?got me lol It will be a street car mostly,my thoughts is without one my cam may not idel well.Like I said I would like to get one on my own,I am sure a parts store will up there price.

Snake, first i would shop for an 8 3/4 and your choice of gears, then i would look into getting a convertor.

Build is coming along it,s taking time,but will be ready for spring.http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=50402:cheers:

3forty thing is this is the easyest mod to do right now.Finding a rear around here are few in between.

Even in a light car that cam will require at least a 2500 stall to work good unless you go real low on the gears. The cam in my 360 is close to the size you have there and I run 3.55 gears with 28" tires and a PTC converter that stalls right at 3000. Works real good and drives like a stock converter until you nail it. Was pretty reasonable from Cope Racing.

Would like some thoughts on witch stall converter to get.My goal is to see if I can get one on line,would like to elimanate the middle man.Also would like to get one I can aford.Thinking of 2500 or 3000 stall.My build is 360,mild and 727 tranny.Cam is 280-474.Witch converter should I stray away from.

If you want the best out there give Ultimate a call,Lenny will take good care of you..

-
Back