Thoughts/Opinions?

-
John, I am not a radiator expert but I liked what I saw (and read). They did an excellent job comparing their product to their competitors and all of their policies (at least in type) look solid. Their feedback looks good as well. BTW: Are you having heating issues or are you just looking for an aftermarket radiator?

I want to get one for my '65. I had no idea that a radiator like that would be so affordable. Right on. I just might have to make it work if I can. I'll be taking some measurements.

Do you think it might be Chinese made? They don't list the country of origin, just that it's ISO, but no number certifacation.

John, I am not a radiator expert but I liked what I saw (and read). They did an excellent job comparing their product to their competitors and all of their policies (at least in type) look solid. Their feedback looks good as well. BTW: Are you having heating issues or are you just looking for an aftermarket radiator?

Actually, I do have a leak between the radiator & trans cooler (my car WAS an auto...) that I installed plugs in the cooler line openings as a temporary repair. Besides, I can flip my "numbers matching" 340 radiator on e-Bay as a repairable item to off-set the expense. 8)

I don't care if it was made on Mars.... if it works and the shroud fits, I think they have a sale. :love7:

Thats what I was thinking for the price. I dont care either. Normally I would definately be only buying american. But anything american is a lot more money.

Thats what I was thinking for the price. I dont care either. Normally I would definately be only buying american. But anything american is a lot more money.

I hate to open THIS can of worms, but....

I've been a foriegn car Tech all my life. I started with Porsche-Audi and after 10 yrs. I joined Infiniti in the early 90's, then switched over to Nissan for the last 8 yrs. and watched the product go from made in Japan to made in Tennessee. I now work for Infiniti, which is Japanese made. Wanna know why? Hap-hazard alignment of interior and body panels, cross-threaded fasteners, loose trim, and blatant incompetence in assembly. And that's the God's honest truth. It's so bad, that Nissan has announced that they are going to go back to assembling Maxima's & Quest's in Japan. Every day was a horror-show dealing with those cars....

My sad observation is just because it's made in America, don't assume it's going to be a better product. At ANY price.... You still have to shop around and try new vendors. Ya never know.

BTW: My in-house financial advisor has given the green-light on the radiator purchase. Full review to follow.... 8)

I don't see it as a can of worms at all...somewhere along the way people have lost the inner motivation to do their best. It's that simple.

Some people have the blind opinion of BUY AMERICAN even if it's a piece of crap. I work hard for my cash. And I make it on foriegn products. To some people it's a HUGE can of worms.....

But you answered with what I really wanted to say.

Jeez, All I was trying to say is that Chinese made auto parts are usually crap.

Sorry, back to the subject of the thread, radiators. To share my experience 1-800-RADIATORS got me to a local company who took my order over the phone, with me stating the dimentions, outlets, and other details then had it built for me somewhere, it was here in a couple weeks. $524. Pricey yes but good quality and I got what I wanted. Missing fan shroud I know. At least I discovered prev owner had installed the fan BACKWARDS, just a MINOR detail in the engine cooling. Poor Goldie, been neglected in the past.

001.jpg

Jeez, All I was trying to say is that Chinese made auto parts are usually crap.

Sorry Bob, didn't mean to twist your words. I was just stating for the money, and all the positive feedback they've recieved, it looks VERY interesting. We'll know in a week or so...

Does the same rad for the 1969 barracuda fit the 1969 dart? I may go with one of these if it does.

Thanks

Dave

-
Back