Thoughts?...sold for $7,900

-
I’ll start with what I don’t like;

Purple accents inside clash with the other color badly. I would have stayed away from the purple.

I wouldn’t do the Lakewood side exhaust pipes even though there not used. I was never a fan of them.

The skirts are odd to see but not hurtful.
Body has small dents.

Everything else I like. Overall a good looking car.

I’ll start with what I don’t like;

Purple accents inside clash with the other color badly. I would have stayed away from the purple.

I wouldn’t do the Lakewood side exhaust pipes even though there not used. I was never a fan of them.

The skirts are odd to see but not hurtful.
Body has small dents.

Everything else I like. Overall a good looking car.
Spot on Rob. Give me a afternoon and I would have it looking more to my liking for sure. (and a pile of extra stuff to sell)
Cragars, yes, with white walls, no. Teardrop spotlights, no. Custom grille, no. I'm a stock look kinda guy. The /6 looks like fun.

Spot on Rob. Give me a afternoon and I would have it looking more to my liking for sure. (and a pile of extra stuff to sell)
Cragars, yes, with white walls, no. Teardrop spotlights, no. Custom grille, no. I'm a stock look kinda guy.
Thick white walls I don’t like. They have there place.
I can live with the custom work. I don’t mind if .

I'm with Mike. The spot does nothing for me, nor the lack of front trim or the replacement grill. I do, however, think she's a beauty, just not mine.

Agree with others above,.... Overall, I like the car, but the puple would have to go (and I'm a Vikings fan) and the custom lights and grille would have to go. Wheels are ok, but tires would be replaced and get rid of the fender skirts. Overall, looks like a pretty nice car. I like what they did with the /6!

We were out bid by this guy...

s-l1600.jpg

I agree with you guys, wonder if it really sold for 7900.00 didn't think the early A's were going that high.

I personally can't stand different color piping on the upholstery.

Even on newer cars. Of the times I've seen it about 5% IMO is tasteful.

...and I don't care for HIP paint on pre-HIP era cars.

Agree the underpinnings look solid.

I personally can't stand different color piping on the upholstery.

Even on newer cars. Of the times I've seen it about 5% IMO is tasteful.

...and I don't care for HIP paint on pre-HIP era cars.

Agree the underpinnings look solid.

I have to agree. I was tempted to do it on the white interior in my Charger (just ordered all the interior from Legendary), but decided against it. After seeing this, I am glad I did. Mine was going to be Turquoise to pull the LL1 Turquoise into the interior.

To each his own. There is a particular genre of cars, typically in California, where that car would fit right in. Most of the ones I've seen are finished to a very high level, though not everyone agrees with the styling.
The slanty looks good.

This is a good car for the buyer.
It’s a really good value and as we know it should bring a lot of enjoyment to the new owner.
There’s a lot I like other than the obvious aesthetic choices that I’m not a fan of. But the lack of improvements to the brake system, specifically dual master & front discs which may require larger diameter wheels, is the biggest downer.

If it had a four speed , it would make my willy tingle.
It is a departure from current custom car philosophy , but I like the approach and execution.
It has a nice old school vibe to it and the souped up six is the cat's fanny.
And I have an R-3 / W-9 combo under my hood , so I figure if I can like it , anyone can. lol
I do agree with SSVDP...........big bolt pattern and front discs. Which really opens up your choices for wheels and tires too.
There is a lot to like here.

Purple interior and look- just not doing it for me.
Fender skirts- I'm digging the look for sure.
All that work and the underneath looks bad.... Weekend flip is what it seems to be.
Also- the purple jumpsuit COMES WITH THE CAR!
thanks for the laugh.

All the car needs is mohair glued to the dash pad and package tray and hang dingle balls from the A-pillar header. Maybe a TV antenna on the deck. Choice!

Good deal IMO if you are into that bodystyle. Any changes that would be made won't break the bank and you will have a fun car to drive....

JW

I think the car looks great but the interior is gross ....That’s a good price for it

When I see those fake spot lights, fender skirts, and fake side pipes, I just want to take a bat, and smash the **** out of them. I can't stand junk screwed to a car that has no purpose. They tried to make a 60s car look like a 50s custom by putting the same stuff on this Dart as EVERYONE puts on their 50s custom. But for 7k, you could yank all that crap off, and have a nice car.

-
Back