thread of shame

-
say hello to our new FABO collection crew....on their way

Attachments

• BikerChicks.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 129
Oldmanmopar, that really sucks to hear that, you would THINK that 2 months is more than enough time. and yes the postal service sucks. i cant imagine waiting for 4 months or better to receive something in the mail.where in gods creation does it sit for all that time? thats just ridiculas.

lmao .."tonight, on this weeks episode of fabo stomp crew, the gang travels to north dakota to pay a visit to user name 123hemihead to attempt retribution on an apparent dash pad scam" hey i like it !!!

lol!

I sent a part to Vancover B.C from Washington State about a 300 mi trip.
Package sat in L. A. for over a month. I could have drove it to him.

I really smell a T.V. series here. It would be better to watch then Cajun Pawn Stars or Gator hunters.

I think we should hire Cristopher Walkin. (" Hey ! Your talkin to my freind all wrong ! Ya do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron !" )

I sent a part to Vancover B.C from Washington State about a 300 mi trip.
Package sat in L. A. for over a month. I could have drove it to him.

I really smell a T.V. series here. It would be better to watch then Cajun Pawn Stars or Gator hunters.

I think we should hire Cristopher Walkin. (" Hey ! Your talkin to my freind all wrong ! Ya do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron !" )
lmao!! XS2

While on the face of it a Wall of Shame thread looks like it might discourage "bad faith" sellers, it offers no protection for "good faith" sellers who have not had the opportunity to do the right thing.

What about putting a thread in each of the "For Sale" sections advising potential purchasers about methods of payment? Also require listings to specify which methods of payment are acceptable to them. Specific information (e.g. PayPal account) on the payment can be handled by PM.

The Latin phrase caveat emptor (Let the buyer beware.) should cover not only the item being purchased but how it is being purchased. The blessing/curse of using cash in transactions is the difficulty in tracing it. Most shippers recommend against sending cash through them, too.

For purchases where I can not go eye-to-eye with the seller, I prefer plastic. As a purchaser, I have recourse through the card issuing agency. PayPal also has a re-mediation process, also.

The simple solution is to listen to your own 6th sense and go from there. Nothing is guaranteed in life, but do your homework as first protection. The net can be an amazing tool. You need to learn how to use it.

I DON'T THINK SO.

I sold a super charger on Turbo Dodge. The buyer bought several items I had and wanted them shipped together. He had a buisness account with FedEx. He Had them picked up By FedEx so he knows they were shipped.. 2 months go buy and I get a call He didn't get them yet. Can I give a discription of the box. I did better I had a picture. it was a hooker header box form summit and it was in the bacground of a build picture.

He conntacted me 3 months later and needed me to look at some picture from FedEx to him confirm that this is what I shipped in the box and contact Fedex. I did. I didn't see all of the items and explained that to them.

4 months later he contacted me he told me they Finally sent him the items. alot of the parts were missing that were in the pics they sent him. So he knows they were in the box. One thing was the B&M Blower. He is still fighting this battle Today . Its almost two years.

So I wouldn't blame the seller. Our postal system sucks. The web and emails took alot of money from them and the people there just don't give a **** any more. Your lucky you got them. UPS is the only way besides the US mail. And drop it off never have it picked up. The Driver gets a discription of whats there and is then left alone with it in the truck
???

Here is what was shipped. He paid a several G's for everything and didn't get half. But it was there in the pics from them to him. I insure everything for its value . But they have forever to Pay
WOW ! I purchase a lot of stuff here and I have a FedEX account and the sellers package up for me but I always insure it at value.
I have had good luck with FedEx but they are thieves in every business.
I recently had a supercharger rebuilt and the company demanded I sent it Guaranteed postal.Had to wrap package in brown paper and tape the edges and insured for 2500.00 it literally has to be handed from one mail carrier to another and another piece advise was not to say it was a supercharger but a compressor.
Did that guy insure it?

Not into it to flip, but have sold, and bought a lot of old parts in here. #0 ,maybe, transactions, 2 deadbeats. But I know who they are, and both gone now. Butt heads. Let them send the $ first. I only got burned by trusting, and shipping before I got the $. Never again, unless I know the people a lot better. I've shipped parts just for postage. Family, most of us, that have been in here a while.

o own a onlike car forum aswell, similer to this website.

i have a good guys/bad guys section, and sometimes gets out of hand.

one thing ive thought of doing is, letting someone post their expierence, then locking the thread, PM the other party involved, allow him to post his side of the story, and keep it locked to keep the trolling to a min.

that being said, it has also help ALOT of members to NOT be ripped off, and once their screen name (no personal names for legal reasons) they usually return the money or parts.

-
Back