Throttle bracket

-

moparmucelli

Reaction score
hello everyone I’m currently coverting from a 2 barrel to a 4 barrel it’s a 360 and I was wondering if I can keep that same bracket for the throttle cable and kickdown linkage?

Usually no. Most times the 4bbl runners interfere w the bracket. The geometry is off, the 2bbl bracket sits too low.

As above but
If the bracket physically fits on the intake you have chosen, then you can cut yours up and move the anchor ahead and up to correctly locate the cable anchor. And then you can modify the top KD link to work with more cutting and welding
Or you can just get an aftermarket bracket. I think Bouchillon or Brewers has them.
Do not drive the car without a functioning KD system, or you will burn up the trans. Do not anchor your cable on anything but the metal part of the cable.Do not try to use the 2bbl bracket unmodified. It is possible to use it fudged up like that, but if it should stick at WOT........ chit happens.

Last edited:
As above but
If the bracket physically fits on the intake you have chosen, then you can cut yours up and move the anchor ahead and up to correctly locate the cable anchor. And then you can modify the top KD link to work with more cutting and welding
Or you can just get an aftermarket bracket. I think Bouchillon or Brewers has them.
Do not drive the car without a functioning KD system, or you will burn up the trans. Do not anchor your cable on anything but the metal part of the cable.Do not try to use the 2bbl bracket unmodified. It is possible to use it fudged up like that, but if it should stick at WOT........ chit happens.
Yea that’s true ok I will look into that that thanks

IMG_2649.jpg
This is the only photo I have, sorry it don't show you much.I reused my bracket. As AJ/FormS stated you can reuse your 2bbl bracket and kick down linkage with a little tweeking and bending. If you want new.Mancini has many brackets and for different years/engines. Around $40

an easy fix is to hacksaw all but through the horizontal tab that the cable mounts to.Now just bend it vertical ( 90 degrees up) and weld or have it welded about an inch.
cut and weld on the side that will hide the modification.

-
Back