Throttle cable end

-

Backally

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
BC8C83F8-C3F6-479E-9035-1C84ECE8F926.jpeg
what should a throttle cable end look like on a 70 Duster? Mine looks like this, I can’t seem to find a carb throttle cable stud that fits.

I think that fits over a flat piece on the carb bracket and a small pin goes through it. Is that a slant six cable?
Some slide over a stud and then the kickdown rod goes on the end. I cant remember what years used which arrangement.

This is what it fits on now but the stud is way bigger than the hole in the carb linkage

image.jpg

I did that also, but if I go to sell that carb it prob will be an issue

what carb? as stated you'll need the Holley Chrysler bracket to ensure you get full travel open/close. also if you are running a higher intake or carb spacer, you'll need one of the throttle brackets that correct geometry to prevent binding and strain on the throttle cable

Going from Proform to Holley Sniper EFI. I had a Holley street HP that I ran also. I had a bracket for the carbs that worked, needed to “adjust” the snipers but think I got that. Won’t know till everything is bolted down but it looks good right now if I can gat the cable attached.

-
Back