thunder carb

-

teringer

Reaction score
just purchased 2 thunder carbs from elderbrock 500 cfms ,they charged me extra because they needed to be set up to run together .looking at the carbs I dont see anything done to them .anyone know what they did to them?

You purchased carbs direct from Edelbrock?

Who charged you extra and how much?

I'm not really understanding what it is you are asking or meaning.

The carbs have different rods and jets IIRC and that's it.

the carbs came from summit.he said they had to make adjustments to run them together so I guessed maybe power piston springs,accelerator pump adjustments may be jet sizes .I was in a hurry and didn't ask. I didn't think about it until now. and I did remember seeing something in there add.

He is asking what edlebrock did to tune the two carbs to run together on the same motor. Dual carb set up. I honestly don't know much about carbs or what would need to be done to them so I can't help answer.

They are full of ****. They charged you more because you paid it.

There are different part numbers for carbs "configured" to run as dual quad setups...

yes they were a different numbers and a added price to calibrate them .I figured that was part of a performance tune up that I would do once the engine was in.

Soooo, your saying, if I'm reading this right, they (Summit) recalibrated the carbs for you?

Summit recalibrated something alright and I don't think it was the carbs! :eek:ops:

Would'nt you have to have them on the engine and up and running in order to sync them? How did summit do that? desktop dyno for carbs? lol

Something doesn't sound right. I think we're not getting the full story. To be honest, the lack of description and story is what I think the problem is.
It all sounds wrong.

Dual quads dont have matching chokes, usually only one has it, and the one setup I saw the front didnt even have a secondary metering door/plate whatever. Holleys have that tube from vacuum pots.

-
Back