tie rod end question

-

carls72dart

Reaction score
Hey James. A few years back I ordered a steering kit for my 72 dart. I ordered the tie rid ends for an all drum brake car. I ordered the heavy adjusting sleeves as well. I never installed the kit and I'm now converting the front end to disc brakes with 73 disc spindles and a center link. Can any of the parts I purchased be used? Any help is greatly appreciated:) Here is the order number if it can help #m75239. Thank you!

The rod ends will be the same for either application. You will be able to use them with the 73 spindles.

Thanks
James

James, thanks for the reply. So the tie rod it's self will work? I'm using Moog k781 & k783 lower ball joints. Just wanted to confirm before I start putting the parts on. Again, thanks for the speady answers. I'll be ordering some more parts by next week!

The upper and lower ball joints will be different from 72-73. Are you going to be changing upper control arms because is 73 they went to larger upper ball joint.

Thanks
James

I already purchased tubular upper control arms from your company two weeks ago! My only concern was the tie rod that ties into the center link looked a little small in diameter. I didn't know if I had to order 73 dart tie rod ends that the are of a thicker diameter. Again, thank you for all the help:)

-
Back