Tie Rods

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Ok im looking at tie rods on rock auto. Which do I need? I have a 74 Dart Front Suspension disc. They list inner and outer and left and right handed threads. Can someone tell me which ones I need I want to replace all 4.

They list part numbers for Moog. Get two inners PN: ES401L. and two outers PN: ES401R And when you install just make sure to put the inners on the inside, and outers on the outside...:)

hi mopardude318 and 72ScampTramp, sorry to jump in but I have a question regarding the tie rods.

What would happen if you put inners rods to the outer of car and outer rods to inner of car? what would happen if the outer/inner rods don't screw in easily as they should?

What would happen if you put inners rods to the outer of car and outer rods to inner of car?

that shouldn't be a problem so long as you have a LH and RH thread on each side. I've seen several occasions where the inner and outer were switched.

If the center peice doesn't turn smoothly then you may have two LH or RH threads on the same side.

-
Back