Time for my engine build

-

71dustar

Reaction score
I'd like your opinions on the Mancini stroker kit that includes Mopar Performance cast stroker crank, Diamond Racing forged pistons with pins, Eagle SR Performance rods, Speed-Pro rings and Clevite 77 rod & main bearings. Also for any stroker kit which is better; internal or external balance.

Mancini or Hughes your getting the same parts.

Your limited on horses with the cast crank,most say 500hp,as with the H beam rods there heavier than the I beams,back to the 500 hp,do you need
that much rod w/cast crank?You want internally balanced but it usually costs
more for the balancing assembly.

Other than that you have good parts picked out.i bought mine through my
machine shop,they beat both those guys prices,with better parts than i was
quoted with.They are hungry out there!

My 416 was making 520+ h.p.,with a "cast" crank no issues with it.. now the rod bolts they use with the sir rods are a diffirent story...

scat 4340 I beams....about the same price as the eagle sir 5140 I beam...

My 416 was making 520+ h.p.,with a "cast" crank no issues with it.. now the rod bolts they use with the sir rods are a diffirent story...

Hey stroked!,I went ahead and stroked my 340 ,just didnt like that current combo and it was already apart.

Those rods not using ARP bolts??I $ the Scat I beams,im sure they had them.I used the H beams,Eagles,thought it was over kill once i got them.Still lighter than what i had though.

OK,lets rephrase that,the cast crank can "safely" get 500hp w/o problems.I
here of guys running 600 but i sure would be nervous.:bom:

i'm looking to get 450hp to the rear wheels and reason i was asking about mancini is i might be able to get a discounted price through my boss since he used to work/race with the guys up top back in the day.

I checked around when I bought mine and here is where I found the cheapest price.

http://rpmmachine.com/

I got a 408 kit. Scat forged crank, Scat I beams, Keith Black Forged Flat tops 11-1 compression. Bearings, Rings and all.

i'm looking to get 450hp to the rear wheels and reason i was asking about mancini is i might be able to get a discounted price through my boss since he used to work/race with the guys up top back in the day.

Just for reference i had $1642.00 in mine.
Eagle cast crank
Eagle H beams
KB forged pistons
Clevite bearings
rings i cant remember the name PRM?
internally balanced by my machine shop.

Hope this helps!

Yup, mancini and hughes sell the same stuff. If you ask hughes, they'll usually tell you their's is special. It's not. As far as cast cranks, they will hold 600hp at the crank with good balancing and good block prep. External balancing IMO is for factory engines. Beyond that, internally balance it for power, reliability and longevity. There are some who like the SIr rods. I avoid them.

-
Back