Time to get one...

-

Joey S.

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Joey and I'm currently looking for the right Mopar. In my past years I've passed up many opportunities to get into the Mopar gang. The opportunities include a 71 duster 340 4 speed, 71 demon, 73 gold duster, 73 scamp, and a 69 barracuda fastback. Eather the time wasn't right or I didn't have the money; but this time I'm making the time and saving up some money. I would really like to find a 70 to 72 duster. Mainly a project due to initial cost and I like to build things my way. I'm located in South Mississippi and would like to keep my search within the lower surrounding states; (just in case anyone has one they may want to get rid of one). I'll try and keep y'all up dated on if I find one. Thanks for such a great Mopar web site....

Hi again, update on my search. Just got done sealing the deal and bringing home a 72 Duster. It's a project been sitting since about the mid 90s; just what I was looking for. A /6 and 3 speed manual car; engine is long gone but still has the 3 speed. Slowly it will be transformed with all the v8 upgrades: 8 3/4, torsion bars, rear springs, etc. Once again great site.

Welcome Joey! Post up a few pics when you get a chance. And certainly start a restoration thread.

Every time I get done a project I think, dang, I should have taken some pics. I remember about half the time!! I spent 3 years at Keesler AFB down in Biloxi. Was there for the hurricane. Kinda miss living there.

66fyssh, I know what you mean about not taking pictures. Ive done other projects and did the same thing. I ll try to get a build thread started when I get a chance.

Congratulations Joey :thumbsup: And welcome to this great place I call home sir :welcome:

IMG_20160514_214308.jpg

Yeah, I was real surprised. The drivers front floor is completely gone but other than that it is mostly solid. There is some small holes here and there, nothing major. Something must have hit the roof ( tree limb probably ) couple dints in it. Someone removed the vinyl top a long time ago; that saved the roof.

Welcome to FABO, looks like a good start!
It's gonna need tires though........

Welcome to FABO! Enjoy restoring your car (and post pics as you do so!)

Welcome Joey and congratulations on the new ride. Looks like a great project

-
Back