Time to introduce myself

-

RDJ

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Randy, and I live in Redding, CA. I am in the middle of a restoration of a 67 Barracuda Fastback. I've been making some posts, but never got around to introducing myself. So here I am.

So far I've replaced the k-frame with a 73 spool mount, replaced all of the ball joints, tie rods (c-body), bushings, centerlink, disc brakes, etc to 73+ stuff. I have a power steering box that was rebuilt by Firm Feel (they do great work, I have one on my 73 Dart Swinger). The 8 3/4 rear is in with a 3.23 sure grip.

The interior is currently gutted, but I have the carpet kit, bucket seats with headrests and center console, so the column auto will soon be a floor shift auto. I have a 360 in pieces, a 727 ready to bolt in, and a 2600 stall converter.

I have never rebuilt an engine before, or painted a car, but I will be doing it myself. And I will probably be bugging you all for help because I am no expert :lol:

Here is the car the day I drove it home, then one in the garage.

Cuda2.jpg

Cuda1.jpg

BTW, I have a 73 Dart Swinger with a slant six. I love my Dart :toothy10:

DartSide1.jpg

S7300248.jpg

welcome aboard randy! You found the the best site on the net with alot of great people.those are some good looking cars too

Great looking cars for sure!! Welcome and enjoy the site! Looking forward to seeing the progress on the fish!!!

RDJ this is a coupleolder pics of my car 6months ago i bought it from a gal in blue lake i live in eureka i know right where redding is.good to meet u also im new as well

Photo110.jpg

Photo111.jpg

Nice looking cars Randy! The barracuda looks pretty clean, gotta love CA cars (I'm in the Sacramento area).

This is definitely a great site for info, lots of experience running around here. It doesn't look like you need any, but if you want any parts for your '73, I have a '74 Dart thats been hit in the rear that I bought for the suspension/brakes/windshield. Its pretty complete otherwise.

Welcome Randy. Bug us all you want, this is a great group willing to help out.

Nice Baracuda and Dart! Its nice to see and old mopar brought back to life. I live over in Humboldt County not too far from Redding!

Hey Randy,here,s my setup in my 66 Dart.I,ve taken off the Lokar stuff.Can you e-mail pics.I requested?Thanks.

Hey Randy,here,s my setup in my 66 Dart.I,ve taken off the Lokar stuff.Can you e-mail pics.I requested?Thanks.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! Pettybludart, I took a bunch of pics yesterday, I will email them today. Were the Lokar cables not working?

Hey Randy, good to see you over here! See you at redding in a few months. The Cuda is looking good are you going to bring it to the track when it's running?

TF

Hey Randy, good to see you over here! See you at redding in a few months. The Cuda is looking good are you going to bring it to the track when it's running?

TF

Hey Tristan. Hopefully it will be ready by the first Redding race. If so, my son or daughter can race the Dart, and I will run in the sportsman with the Barracuda.

-
Back