Time to let here go?

-

ptbill

Reaction score
Have had her for 10 years now and I've kinda lost interest in her. I think this will be the last summer.

20230529_115915.jpg

20230529_115848.jpg

It is a tuff thing to do, I had mine for over 15 years and it was finished for 12 years of great fun. I just sold it over the winter and I still miss it every day but my 68 will be finished in the next year or 2 so I can enjoy that one for a while. By the way very nice looking Barracuda here's mine, well not anymore.
Bob

z346.JPG

I sometimes feel that I should have kept my 70 Dart, in fact my wife asked me yesterday if I had any regrets about selling it. I had done everything I wanted to with it, had a ton of fun and put tens of thousands of miles on it, and it was starting to show the abuse and miles. I didn't want to go through the whole car again, so I let it go to someone else who had a new vision for it.

You gotta do what you gotta do!

10 years is s decent run. Do you have another project vehicle? I would go crazy not having something in the garage to piddle with.

By the way, didn't you used to live in Georgia?

10 years is s decent run. Do you have another project vehicle? I would go crazy not having something in the garage to piddle with.

By the way, didn't you used to live in Georgia?
No I don't have another project but I might look for a motorcycle from the 70s or 80s. Yes I lived in Georgia for 34 years but always wanted to get back to Ohio. We moved back to our small town in 2019. We get back to Georgia 4 to 5 times a year to see our kids and grandchildren

Vintage motorcycle sounds fun!

My son lives in Wellsville. Was in East Liverpool for a few years before moving to Wellsville. I visited once since he moved there in 2006 after he graduated high school.

Vintage motorcycle sounds fun!

My son lives in Wellsville. Was in East Liverpool for a few years before moving to Wellsville. I visited once since he moved there in 2006 after he graduated high school.
We live about 30 miles north of East Liverpool by Youngstown Ohio.

We live about 30 miles north of East Liverpool by Youngstown Ohio.

Wow! That's close! My wife and I stayed at a hotel in Salem when we visited.

The area reminds me a lot like where I grew up in Waynesboro PA. I was Air Force and moved around a lot. Lived in Georgia 2006-2011 and again since 2015. North Georgia is nice, not sure if we'll stay forever, but we won't be going back up North. Too cold, lol.

No I don't have another project but I might look for a motorcycle from the 70s or 80s. Yes I lived in Georgia for 34 years but always wanted to get back to Ohio. We moved back to our small town in 2019. We get back to Georgia 4 to 5 times a year to see our kids and grandchildren
I’m hooked on vintage motorcycles myself, and I want a Vincent in the worst possible way. Of course, they’re way out of my price range, but a feller can hope, can’t he? A trip to Maggie Valley to the Wheels Through Time museum this pst month did nothing to quell this desire to own and ride a vintage bike, now on my list is an early Harley, like in the teens, oh how I would love to ride anything vintage.

Sorry to see your Cuda leave for a new home, but a new chapter is on your horizon, and I hope you find a great bike to ride and love. Maybe the Traub will come up for sale soon?

0A3D4164-17B8-45E5-A5EB-F73A0492E283.jpeg

7EA21117-BA89-4E33-9ADF-6E7FCFD84572.jpeg

73AA86F4-6BD7-4388-AD75-75296CC5FBD7.jpeg

06CC12A6-2E18-4B6B-9BE3-4941B9B36B1D.jpeg

I'm going to let my 73 duster go soon...
I've had it for 9+ years and have other vehicles I use and enjoy more.. if I had lots of room... a barn or something I'd throw a cover on it and put it in a corner...

-
Back