Timing a 225

-

frederick_76

Reaction score
This is my first /6, I was.looking for a timing set (chain and gears) all I can find is chains....
Someone please enlighten me on why??

i think the 440 gear / chain is the same. i think. edit: when putting the cam gear on be car full to not push the cam back to hard or the rear plug will get pushed out.

You will find retail auto parts very hit & miss for our cars, so don't give up when they say "no can do". NAPA is the best of the lot. Rockauto usually has much more selection plus better info, but often ebay or guys here are the only source. Also, you often do better by spec'ing later model cars, such as I prefer the 70's drum brake hardware kits, but get info here on interchanges. When the counter guys ask "what car?" you often have to lie or it confuses them. Indeed, I usually find the PN's on Autozone's website first and just ask for that (plus know if in stock). You can get both regular and better "double roller chain" timing sets for our slants. I don't think the timing set varied from 1960-1986 (or whenever the last slant rolled out).

-
Back