Timing chain oiling

-

Dusterfool

Reaction score
where can I find cam plate bolt that has a hole drilled in it to allow oiling of the timing chain?

1/64 is too small. I stand corrected at 3/32. Have other people chime in on the topic too.

some don't use a drilled bolt.. just use three bolts and the little metal oiler..

21jx6ph.jpg

If I drilled a hole it would be very small not like the one in picture #8 that's way to big 1/64th like toolmanmike said, but I have never seen the need,
never had a problem in 40 years in running 340's

If I drilled a hole it would be very small not like the one in picture #8 that's way to big 1/64th like toolmanmike said, but I have never seen the need,
never had a problem in 40 years in running 340's
So I just use the bolts and the oil tab?

1/64th" hole in the oil galley plug ifyou don'twantto use a bolt.
I just looked in the book. The 1/64" hole in the oil galley plug I'd to provide oil for three fuel pump eccentric. I can't believe it wouldn't provide a little oil for the timing gears and chain. I did this to my 273 with nice side effects. I will try to post a pic in a sec.

Ya I never ran a mechanical pump but if you do squirting a little oil on it wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for all the help, due to a medical issue, I lost most all of my memory, I am working on this thing like it is my first time.

I'm with drilling a small hole in the cam plate. That bolt with the hole does zero. The drip tray thing is just as useless.

Pressurized oil hitting the chain and gears is best.

-
Back