timing chain replacement

-
Still a VW.

Its like being able to pick up ANY chick,but you got no pecker to put them to good use.

Or being the smartest kid with down syndrome.

Go talk your **** to the Outlaw Flat Four crowd. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmmD-MIbzEk&feature=related"]YouTube - Outlaw Flat Four 2009 Open Sport Nationals event review[/ame]

Oh im sorry I thought this was America.
Oh im sorry I thought this was a Mopar website.

You could show me a VW that can fly to the moon,and I would still be unimpressed. Its still a VW piece O nazi crap. Id rather push a Mopar than drive a VW.:thebirdm:

You are lame. Just go trade your a body for the VW if you like em so much,oh and hand in your man card while you are at it.

Why resort to name calling? That's a pretty ignorant thing to do. I never said I was a VW fan. I simply posted proof that they can be made fast, too. Nothing more nothing less. Lighten up Frances.

the germans had it right. nothing more simple, and more efficient then anything else.

sounds like your real interest is in vw's... might want to stick with them but if there is anymore info pertaining to mopars let us know...

and most on here dont take it lightly that your blah blah will beat there mopar... kinda like yelling n***er in Compton...

and for the record any car can be made faster then something else but remember if you put the same money in the other it will kick your *** (in most cases)...

And I thought we were just talking about putting a timing chain on..... :violent1:

i know but i needed the adjust ability to degree my cam... mine's slightly not stock:snakeman:

The black adapter plate you have under you carb!! I need to rotate my carb but I don't think my hood will shut with that tall adapter plate, Will that fit under your hood 805moparkid ? Looks real tall.

The black adapter plate you have under you carb!! I need to rotate my carb but I don't think my hood will shut with that tall adapter plate, Will that fit under your hood 805moparkid ? Looks real tall.

not a stock hood... thats why i added the scoop and still crushes a pack of smokes (not mine, i dont smoke)...

hoping to have a hemi scoop for mopars at the strip if i can make my deadlines!

Attachments

• 1022091458.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 129

Why do you need an adapter? I almost 100% positive and for certain all you gotta do is remove your carb, remove the carb mounting plate, turn it 90 degrees and slam it all back together. You gotta an Offenhauser, right?

I just bought the Progear Timing set/ Camdex 4000 series that is 7 way adjustable at the cam gear. $122.00 both gears are hardened and made out of 1141 Steel.

Why resort to name calling? That's a pretty ignorant thing to do. I never said I was a VW fan. I simply posted proof that they can be made fast, too. Nothing more nothing less. Lighten up Frances.

I see your point and most MATURE people would. Ol' Grinder must have had a VW hand it to him somewhere down the line to hold such resentment. Bwwhahahaha!

I see your point and most MATURE people would. Ol' Grinder must have had a VW hand it to him somewhere down the line to hold such resentment. Bwwhahahaha!

Damn, that was funny. :cheers: :toothy10:

Damn, that was funny. :cheers: :toothy10:

Well I have a good friend at work who has a VW and he is building one heck of a motor. He is doing things to that motor that will make it stronger, crank counter weights will be narrowed to a point and polished, way bigger pistons, and heads. I've left out a ton. I mean this thing is going to be something!

those old aircooled vewees dont have timing chains. I can appreciate the vw motors for their compactness. The crankgear spins the cam gear in the opposite direction. The cam is below the crank and is swimming in oil. One cam lobe operates two valves. I used to mess aroung with them back in the 90's. But I never thought about trying to get one to go quickly. If i wanted to go fast i would get in the belvedere. I'm open to all forms of mechanical automobilia endevours. I just like the Mopar A-bodies more than the others.
love them small block mopars!! (but an old VW is cool in its own way)

Why do you need an adapter? I almost 100% positive and for certain all you gotta do is remove your carb, remove the carb mounting plate, turn it 90 degrees and slam it all back together. You gotta an Offenhauser, right?

its not an adapter.. its a 2" 4hole spacer... and im running a clifford intake...

those old aircooled vewees dont have timing chains. I can appreciate the vw motors for their compactness. The crankgear spins the cam gear in the opposite direction. The cam is below the crank and is swimming in oil. One cam lobe operates two valves. I used to mess aroung with them back in the 90's. But I never thought about trying to get one to go quickly. If i wanted to go fast i would get in the belvedere. I'm open to all forms of mechanical automobilia endevours. I just like the Mopar A-bodies more than the others.
love them small block mopars!! (but an old VW is cool in its own way)

like this kinda belve?? :cheers:

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 140
Well I have a good friend at work who has a VW and he is building one heck of a motor. He is doing things to that motor that will make it stronger, crank counter weights will be narrowed to a point and polished, way bigger pistons, and heads. I've left out a ton. I mean this thing is going to be something!

Here is some pics of the VW crank. Now that's much dedication folks!

Attachments

• Johns crank.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Johns crank 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Johns crank 3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 134
Yes it's an Offenhouser, But when I tried to spin it to get the primaries where I need them the 4 threaded holes in my intake are not square.

Haha how funny I saw that guys post on the samba. I'm kinda iffy removing so much material at certain places he is. seems to me its getting s little weak. but then I'm in the process of building a 3 litter. which would have enough torque to snap that thing into 3.

Yes it's an Offenhouser, But when I tried to spin it to get the primaries where I need them the 4 threaded holes in my intake are not square.

Yeah, you're right. I just went out and looked at mine. So close but yet so far. Stupidest thing I ever saw. Looks like a new adapter is required.

-
Back