Timing chain too short

-

Michael Siple

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
MRE 1262 from Mancini - bought a few months back - fitting it this past week & surprised to find chain short. Called & they sent another quickly. It arrived & its the same - too short. Called again & they are sending comp kit # 7103. We'll see. Anyone else's too short ? -Mike

These Fit

Screenshot_20220916-095935_Firefox.jpg

MRE 1262 from Mancini - bought a few months back - fitting it this past week & surprised to find chain short. Called & they sent another quickly. It arrived & its the same - too short. Called again & they are sending comp kit # 7103. We'll see. Anyone else's too short ? -Mike
No reason why that MRE 1262 wouldn't fit. You're doing something wrong with the installation it seems.

Cloyes makes or made -.005 and -.010 shorter chains for blocks that were line bored.
But I never heard of a need for a longer chain.

IMG_0343.jpg
IMG_0342.jpg
kit comes in set - no mix/match - they think they have something going on with theirs & sending the comp set 7103. We shall see maybe this weekend. 340 block - nothing unusual about it. This may have something to do with it not fitting ??

Last edited:
quick update - both MRE1262 chains were incorrect in new unopened packages - a CL5000 rollmaster is a fit & so will the Comp 7103 they are sending. For anyone & everyone's info. Mancini are great people to deal with. Thanks-Mike
IMG_0346.jpg
IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

How many links do the chains in mancini set have?
I bought their timing set about a year ago and have it stored away..

How many links do the chains in mancini set have?
I bought their timing set about a year ago and have it stored away..
never counted the links - I'll try - how is yours packaged - both mine were packaged different - one vac-sealed to cardboard back with their name & some color the next in a card board box.

never counted the links - I'll try - how is yours packaged - both mine were packaged different - one vac-sealed to cardboard back with their name & some color the next in a card board box.

mine is vacuum sealed, MRE1262, got it about a year ago.
I guess I'll be aware of the possibility it won't fit lol. probaby not installing it for a few more months atleast..

-
Back