Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
It will cut and weld without any problems ( this quiet steel). I've never heard of this on oil pans, but maybe I just learned something new today? Well if you still like the charlies pan, just mark where you need clearence and cut/weld er' up. Also, keep in mind that the aluminum will dissapate the heat a whole lot more that a steel pan, food for thought.

Quiet steel, what will they think of next? My new pan came in yesterday (that was quick...) I already installed it on the motor, and it fit like a charm, I plan to drop the engine back in this weekend to check for rack clearance. Wish me luck..

Man I hope this pan works!!!!!

Thanks for the support. I did some finishing touches in the engine compartment last night, and I hope to squirt some primer on it Sat. Then drop the motor in on Sun. so I can start fitting the trans.

The guy at the paint shop talked to me into a 2k primer, is this good or did I just lose some money?

What do you know, the new pan fit's great with room to spare, now we can move on to mounting the transmission..

100_1792.jpg

Well, I had a very productive weekend. Finished the work on the inner fenders, gave it a couple coats of epoxy primer, dropped the moter back in, put the car back up on the stands, and bolted up the trans. Now I can start on a trans cross member, then the tunnel, finally some progress. Here is a little **** for ya...

100_1788.jpg

100_1789.jpg

100_1790.jpg

100_1793.jpg

100_1794.jpg

100_1795.jpg

:-D glad that pan worked out...did it come with the pickup?

Tin, I shot the hood scoop with the primer and wet sanded it with 320 the following day, you're right, this is the primer to use. I'm glad your engine sit without hitting the rack, and I look forward to seeing the crossmember for the trans. When I made my tunnel, I put a 1x3 piece of wood on top of the trans to geve some clearence, and it worked out fine---food for thought.

Sorry Tin-- yeah the 545rfe is the truck trans.

What do ya have to do to put the shifter on the floor with the truck trans. Dose it use a cable to shift it?

What do ya have to do to put the shifter on the floor with the truck trans. Dose it use a cable to shift it?
You can use a cable or rod, depending on your shifter.

Any 3 speed shifter will work, such as the factory shifter from Tins car, B&M, TCI, Hurst, so on. Since 4th and 5th are electronic, p,r,n, d,2,1 is all that's required. Now if you wanna get things interesting, get a B&M, take out the pin stop, and now you can get ALL gears manually, some nifty stuff.Go from 1 to 5, but I have NOT done this yet- will try it out when the time comes, or the earth explodes--which ever comes first!lol!

Hi Guys, I hope you don't mind if I drop in and ask some questions.

I've just come across this forum and registered today. I live in Australia, and am very interested in this Gen III conversion. I've been thinking of doing this myself. This thread has been a great source of knowledge and info so far. Great job Tincup!

My car is a '65 Australian Valiant. Pretty much the same as a U.S. one but RHD. The car already has rack and pinion on the standard K frame, and 5 speed T5 courtesy of an Aust Ford. I want to ditch the 318 in favour of the Gen III. I'd be the only one in the country!

Will the 5.7 fit the engine bay ok without the Alterktion front end and the inner fender mods? How will I go using stock headers?

I'm sure I have more to ask, but that's enough for now.

Regards,

Robert.

Hi Guys, I hope you don't mind if I drop in and ask some questions.

I've just come across this forum and registered today. I live in Australia, and am very interested in this Gen III conversion. I've been thinking of doing this myself. This thread has been a great source of knowledge and info so far. Great job Tincup!

My car is a '65 Australian Valiant. Pretty much the same as a U.S. one but RHD. The car already has rack and pinion on the standard K frame, and 5 speed T5 courtesy of an Aust Ford. I want to ditch the 318 in favour of the Gen III. I'd be the only one in the country!

Will the 5.7 fit the engine bay ok without the Alterktion front end and the inner fender mods? How will I go using stock headers?

I'm sure I have more to ask, but that's enough for now.

Regards,

Robert.

Hey Robert, welcome to the club mate....I believe the engine would fit the engine bay, the problem would be the steering. The US cars have the engine pushed over a couple inches to the right to make room for the steering. I think any motor mounts you purchased from the US would do the same and their would be no way to get a steering shaft in there. You would probably have to modify or make mounts to push the engine way over to the left, should not be impossible to do. Check Speedway motors, the sell weld in mounts for the Hemi. Good luck...

Thanks for the reply Tincup.

I'd more than likely make my own mounts. Having to wait for an item from the US, and then find it may not fit, is a bit of a concern considering the distance involved.

Robert.

-
Back