Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Yes it does, even more so for the older guys.

Oh come on, the universe was created in 7 days, how long could it possibly take to build a car!lol!

I am one of the "older" guys

Thanks, I'd like to have it done by next fall, but, I doubt I'll make it. I refuse to rush it like they do on all the realty shows...

Your right to take your time......the final product will be exceptional rather than contraptional.:toothy10:

Mop

.PS......love the BS wheels.....I was looking at those for my wife's car but now I will look at some others.

Mop

Hey Tin, if the pan is scratched, dented, bent, tweaked in any way shape fashion or form, why not just get some tubing and mark the pan where it hits, cut that section off(out) and weld in the tubing. Cut the tubing in half so you have the room you need.This would give you the clearence you need and an opportunity to paint the pan the color of your choice. Just some food for thought since you now know where the pan is screwing you up.

Hey Tin, if the pan is scratched, dented, bent, tweaked in any way shape fashion or form, why not just get some tubing and mark the pan where it hits, cut that section off(out) and weld in the tubing. Cut the tubing in half so you have the room you need.This would give you the clearence you need and an opportunity to paint the pan the color of your choice. Just some food for thought since you now know where the pan is screwing you up.
You must be a mind reader, that is what I had planned to do. Because it just barely touches the rack, but that is without gaskets. However, I got lucky, I pulled the motor last night, and there was nothing but a little scuff where it hit the rack, so it's going back today, and I will order a charlies. BTW, I read through the Alterkation instalation instructions yesterday, and could not find anything about the oil pans, where did you see that?

Look at the tech stuff on their website, sorry I dont know how to post a link for ya. Go to reillymotorsports.com, click on TECH PAGESIt's right there in black and white, really big letters if I recall. Now call Street&Performance, hotrodlane.cc, 1-479-394-5711 and order the new pan.

Look at the tech stuff on their website, sorry I dont know how to post a link for ya. Go to reillymotorsports.com, click on TECH PAGESIt's right there in black and white, really big letters if I recall. Now call Street&Performance, hotrodlane.cc, 1-479-394-5711 and order the new pan.
I ordered it from Arrington engines about $35 cheaper.

Gotta save money where you can.

When will the new pan arrive? I can't wait to see how it fits compared to the milodon pan.

When will the new pan arrive? I can't wait to see how it fits compared to the milodon pan.
Should be in sometime this week. I do have a little trimming to do in the engine compartment before the motor goes back in. Unfortunately I had to work on the house this weekend, I'm having a new screen porch put on this week (part of the deal I made with the wife to get my garage) so I had to rip down the old deck, and dig 3 holes for the footings. I hope to get back at it later on in the week. How is the body work coming?

Here is a little car **** for for all the Mopar perv's.

Radiator.jpg

You know how I love the car ****, sweet radiator. Now finish the new deck!

Bodywork is slow, same for me, house stuff priority one.

Hey Tin things are just about the same just frustrated but at the end i know it will work. Hey that radiator looks nice but there is something I noticed. The outlets for the hoses are both on the same side and on the 5.7 they are oposite. Mine has the one on the top on the left side. Is yours the same way. Check it out before you install it. If it is wrong and you need a new one let me know. I got mine from a company and paid like 129.00 for it. I had to make a bracket to install it but the price was right.

Lime, if you are using a truck motor, radiator openings are on the opposite sides, car motors and 6.1's are on the same side.

Oh, I got a new hvlp gun (el cheapo) but the air consumption is something my compressor will handle, so MAYBE the primer will not come out grainy, cross your fingers. I should get some time this weekend to test drive the new gun.

I guess I learned something new. That is like I didnt know that the starters come left and right hand. I didnt know they were handed. What can I say. You learn something new everyday.

-
Back