Still workin' on the shine :glasses7:

Attachments

• 100_0045.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,125
  • 100_0046.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 100_0048.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,119
Wow Tin.....You included two of my favorite things in a paint job 1) Mirror finish and 2) lazer straight..lookin great

TIN,, you better get one of those ticket machines,,,since your opening the east coast mopar paint shop,,,ill take a ticket,,,

Hey fish, you can have ticket # 1.

Seriously, I am considering doing some paint work on the side, I used to do it years ago, but I got fed up with all the people that want a show car finish for a Maaco price. I would only do COOL cars, hot rods, etc. those guys understand what is involved.

Hasn't changed any. People still think you can paint a car for 1500.00...LOL

Seriously, I am considering doing some paint work on the side, I used to do it years ago, but I got fed up with all the people that want a show car finish for a Maaco price. I would only do COOL cars, hot rods, etc. those guys understand what is involved.

maaco price i think people just want you to work for 1970 wages. i go through this every day

Hasn't changed any. People still think you can paint a car for 1500.00...LOL

1500 thats out of the question,,,,lol

tin,, sorry i cant be number #1 unless your not opening the doors for a year or 2...not going to do any up grades to the fish till i sort out my street rod,,,but i will keep you in mind,for sure

Wow 1500.
The companies around here want 6000.00 for only color only.
Add two more colors and well you get the idea

Unfortunately, paint jobs are not cheap, I have seen a lot of nice cars with lousy paint. But you have to remember, that the first thing everybody sees, is the paint. A lot of guys dump tons of money in the motor and drivetrain, then when it comes time for body & paint, their broke. That's OK for a race car, but not a street, show car. If you have a decent car, with a good body, you should budget about 10K that should get your car looking like something you can be proud of.

Thats pretty much spot on.
Unfortunately, paint jobs are not cheap, I have seen a lot of nice cars with lousy paint. But you have to remember, that the first thing everybody sees, is the paint. A lot of guys dump tons of money in the motor and drivetrain, then when it comes time for body & paint, their broke. That's OK for a race car, but not a street, show car. If you have a decent car, with a good body, you should budget about 10K that should get your car looking like something you can be proud of.

well tin you know all the time and labor you put into just the body and paint on your build alone. there's no magic wand. if its worth doing its worth over doing

10k sad but true,,,

I am next in line so can you speed it up Tin we need to show the world what serious early pro-touring abodies look like

but... I'm fine with mine looking like a flying rust bucket:D

i new a guy with a 73 charger like that. one morning he went out with a broom and a dust pan and swept it up.:eek:ops:
It's not gonna forever be an actual rust bucket, just for now. I plan to make it look the same after body work. I prefer having a sleeper and the assumed underdog

-
Back