Tire and wheel size.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Asked these questions but think I did it in the wrong place. Trying again here.
Have a 64 Valiant. Picked up wheels, Aluminum Indy Slots, 14X6 and 14X7 small bolt pattern. Back of car is raised by a couple of inches. Can I run the 7 inch wheels on the back? What size tires can I run without fitment and rubbing issues? Thanks in advance for any info.
Chas

It depends on the backspacing. And 14 inch limits you to what's available. I think maybe a 235 or 245/60R14 on the rear. But backspacing is the first step.

Chas, here is a 65 Valiant i have as a future project.
It has what are 7 inch modified rallies on the back of it with 235/60-14 tires. The wheels when i got them, they had the added space towards the outside.
20191207_123413.jpg

They are close. As far as rubbing, it's not operational at this moment but it is in a stock fenderwell and it looked to me that it would work.
Even if i had to roll the outer lip a little bit.

The reality is that set of wheels are not staying on that car but they gave me a look at a size that should work.

They are close. As far as rubbing, it's not operational at this moment but it is in a stock fenderwell and it looked to me that it would work.
Even if i had to roll the outer lip a little bit.

The reality is that set of wheels are not staying on that car but they gave me a look at a size that should work.
Thanks buddy

I have 9" wide slicks on 7" wide aluminum slots on one of my '66 Barracudas. I trimmed the inner edge of the wheel opening lip a bit to keep from cutting a tire. The tires are close, but, so far they haven't hit anything in normal street and drag use. Hard cornering might be a different story! :lol:

-
Back