Tire prices....

-
I bought brand new Dunlops for my Harley cafe racer, 10 years ago!!!!!, They are dry rotted, but I ride the piss out of it ( every day)!!!!!!!!!!!!!:glasses7:

Nice to hear the pipes are getting done! Can chromers fix a poor or old and fading (nickel showing through) chrome job?

:dontknow:......guessing the pipe on your bike is showing its age? There is a chrome shop on the way to the NAPA I deal with, will stop in and ask if you would like me to?

I like the ten or so posters who think this thread is about the high price of car/truck tires!?! Does anyone read these threads anymore or do they just jump in and start ranting?!?

My buddy reminded me the other day that my bike needed new tires this time LAST year and I rode all season on them. They are not bald, just old and hard. Not very conducive to the spirited sport bike riding that we are prone to do. They are only $225 for the pair shipped to my door, and my neighbor will mount and balance them cheap enough. While everything is apart I'm having the wheels powder coated, and am putting in new bearings and fork seals. Projects tend to snowball on the bike just the same as on the Dart...

20121006_131505.jpg

BTW, those are custom built expansion chambers and they were well north of $700 to have built. Damn it!! They still need to be ceramic coated.

I like the ten or so posters who think this thread is about the high price of car/truck tires!?! Does anyone read these threads anymore or do they just jump in and start ranting?!?

My buddy reminded me the other day that my bike needed new tires this time LAST year and I rode all season on them. They are not bald, just old and hard. Not very conducive to the spirited sport bike riding that we are prone to do. They are only $225 for the pair shipped to my door, and my neighbor will mount and balance them cheap enough. While everything is apart I'm having the wheels powder coated, and am putting in new bearings and fork seals. Projects tend to snowball on the bike just the same as on the Dart...

20121006_131505.jpg

BTW, those are custom built expansion chambers and they were well north of $700 to have built. Damn it!! They still need to be ceramic coated.

Outstanding looking bike, what year is it? Have not seen any RZ's since I left NJ in 93. Had a friend that had one, that thing was a trip to ride.

Outstanding looking bike, what year is it? Have not seen any RZ's since I left NJ in 93. Had a friend that had one, that thing was a trip to ride.

Thanks! It's a 84 RZ350L. I had wanted one since the early eighties. I bought it with a seized engine last year for $2500 and stuck another $6k in the rebuilding of the engine over last winter!!! It's bored, stroked, Phase III ported and polished, new reeds, bigger carbs, adjustable timing plate, stronger clutches and custom build expansion chambers. Dyno tuned using EGT sensors.

To say that it screams, is an understatement. Front tire comes up through the first three gears. Here is a short video my builder/tuner made...

[ame]http://youtu.be/Zc-aeHm7R_I[/ame]

Thanks! It's a 84 RZ350L. I had wanted one since the early eighties. I bought it with a seized engine last year for $2500 and stuck another $6k in the rebuilding of the engine over last winter!!! It's bored, stroked, Phase III ported and polished, new reeds, bigger carbs, adjustable timing plate, stronger clutches and custom build expansion chambers. Dyno tuned using EGT sensors.

To say that it screams, is an understatement. Front tire comes up through the first three gears. Here is a short video my builder/tuner made...

http://youtu.be/Zc-aeHm7R_I

Damn.....your video reminded me of my one ride I had on a street legal Suzuki Rg500 a couple of decades ago. Nothing like a 2 strokes ability to just get up into the power band and then just get serious.....

:dontknow:......guessing the pipe on your bike is showing its age? There is a chrome shop on the way to the NAPA I deal with, will stop in and ask if you would like me to?

Not that big a deal. It's not the Kerker pipe, but some of the engine covers. I think it was just a poor chrome job to start with. It's not pitting or flaking, just uneven and thin in spots and the copper is showing through.

Next year when I break it down, I'll probably just take the covers to Denver Bumper and see what they say. I may just have them nickel plate it for a richer look.

http://youtu.be/Zc-aeHm7R_I

Nice!

Got my handlebars today...just outside cooking a burger on the Green Egg and heard Butch fire up the grader......hoping he grades the roads this week other wise it is going to be a b*tch to get out........

-
Back