Tire question. Just simple bottom line

-

mikess68

Reaction score
Lets cut out the “ thousand numbers and variations” and get down to basic…please!

1972 swinger. 14 inch stock rally wheels big bolt pattern. Q. what is the max Size tire in bias ply. And also in radial?. I’ll match the front to the back. Kiss. Please

So you’re really not looking for the optimal solution for any particular driving style. Just a quick one.

E70-14s from Coker Tire should fit with no issues. You could even use stock alignment specs.

So you’re really not looking for the optimal solution for any particular driving style. Just a quick one.

E70-14s from Coker Tire should fit with no issues. You could even use stock alignment specs.
The most meat that will fit with no mods. Sounds like that might work if g”s are too fat

Lets cut out the “ thousand numbers and variations” and get down to basic…please!

1972 swinger. 14 inch stock rally wheels big bolt pattern. Q. what is the max Size tire in bias ply. And also in radial?. I’ll match the front to the back. Kiss. Please
Front, rear, or both?

If you’d actually like a response that will work, you’ll need to provide the backspace spec on your wheels, since there’s nothing stock about 14” BBP Rallye’s on a ‘72. You will also need to say which front brakes you have, and what rear axle is in the car since A-body rear axles are not actually all the same width.

14" tires are tough. i used to run a 245/60-14 onn the back of my 71 dart. let me see if i can a picture of it back then.

here ya go. don't remember what i had upfront.

Screenshot_2023-01-05-09-56-53-80_3eaaf8b614841f8f661bfb6becc7f808.jpg

Per the initial post, seems he wants the same size on front n rear.
"I’ll match the front to the back."

Per the initial post, seems he wants the same size on front n rear.
"I’ll match the front to the back."

i took it as ill get the biggest 14" tire in the rear that i can find and match brand and height for the front. not necessarily the exact size.

i took it as ill get the biggest 14" tire in the rear that i can find and match brand and height for the front. not necessarily the exact size.
He asked for "max size". Nobody could correctly answer that without more info. Which it looks like o.p. can't be bothered to give. He wants K.I.S.S.
Edit: "max" what? Height? Width? Both? Same size on both ends?

Last edited:
E70-14 bias or P205/70R14 in p metric sizing.. this would be stock sizing on 1972 dart with a 340.

You asked for max sizing so a F60-14 should fit the front and up to a p245/60R14 rear should also fit. Although the 245/60R14 might be a touch wide for a stock 5.5”w rallye.

Seeing as you want to run the same size all around I would say max sizing is F60-14 or
P215-225/60R14

hope it helps

Thanks everyone. Friend at a tire shop said bring it down and they will throw on tires (radial ) till they max it out. Thanks for the good info!

Remember that too wide of tire for the rim will effect how the tire performs. And a narrower high quality tire with a good rubber compound and tread pattern will outperform a wide one with hard compound and shitty tread pattern .

If you are only concerned about the look then go for the widest .

-
Back