Title issues

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m in Florida and the having troubles titling the car. No title in hand. Florida can’t find the last place it was titled. The police and I have searched through 5 states.

Isn’t there a way I can get around this via titling it in another state and then to Florida?

See if FL does bonded titles. You buy an insurance bond from your insurance company, which the price of the bond depends upon the value of the car, fill out the paperwork at the FL DMV and apply for the bonded title.

I had to do that here in NC to get a title for a Class C motorhomie that came from Canada. It worked well and wasn't that expensive. The NCDMV Inspector that came to do the VIN verification even helped me re-word the application to make it sail through easier.

Ok! Who lives in Vermont that can help?!

You don't have to be a VT resident to register your vehicle there. That UTG video lays out all the steps.

FL recently DID start issuing bonded titles but.....

The last issued title MUST be in FL.

kInda hokey. How would you know.....if you don't have a title?

Rumble. Look up a guy on YouTube, handle is: beachtroll. I followed the steps he layed out for applying for the Vermont transferrable registration. They do not issue a title. It's 50 state legal. I registered my Demon that was a drag car early in its life then sat on a trailer for 30 years. I had a hand written bill of sale but I believe all you need is the vin. Vermont simply checks that the vehicle is not stolen. I'm in NY and it worked perfectly for me. Good luck!

-
Back