To my brethren in the Springfield MO area..Help needed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the trans cooler, doesnt hold liquid so I just went ahead and got another one. As much as I hate to say it the radiator isnt working with the car, having some major over heating issues. Idk what Im going to do now. Thank you guys for your help but it looks like this car is destined for a new home.

its possible your thermostat is stuck . did you top it off after running the car for a few?

yeah I did..and the coolant overflow tank is bubbling worse than Ive ever seen one. Everything is tight and put on properly.

I ran it for 5 minutes and it started bubbling the temp was @ 190 maybe a little higher

sounds like it isnt completely full and the thermostat isnt opening. hopefully the radiator isnt clogged with crap. did you run any water through before you put it in?

sounds like it isnt completely full and the thermostat isnt opening. hopefully the radiator isnt clogged with crap. did you run any water through before you put it in?

yeah I ran water through it. no clogs

i bet a new thermostat would cure it. pull your old one out and throw it in a pan of boiling water and see if it opens.

i bet a new thermostat would cure it. pull your old one out and throw it in a pan of boiling water and see if it opens.

could taking the hose off the top mess with it? like settle some stuff in it to where it wont operate properly? Because not even 2 hrs ago it was working fine. It didnt act like this until I put in the new rad just now.

could taking the hose off the top mess with it? like settle some stuff in it to where it wont operate properly? Because not even 2 hrs ago it was working fine. It didnt act like this until I put in the new rad just now.

those things are about as reliable as predicting an earthquake. i went through 2 new ones in one day that didnt work. sometimes when they dry up , they will stick the next time they see heat. theres nothing you did that could have messed it up. to be sure, throw it in a pan of boiling water. i know its a PIA , but theres really nothing else it could be unless there is still air in the engine block and radiator instead of water

those things are about as reliable as predicting an earthquake. i went through 2 new ones in one day that didnt work. sometimes when they dry up , they will stick the next time they see heat. theres nothing you did that could have messed it up. to be sure, throw it in a pan of boiling water. i know its a PIA , but theres really nothing else it could be unless there is still air in the engine block and radiator instead of water

could that be why it sucked my overflow tank dry?

could that be why it sucked my overflow tank dry?
yes , for sure. what i do is run the engine and keep filling the radiator until it wont take anymore and starts forcing the water out, then i put the cap on. after 10 or 15 minutes of running, i shut the car off and when its cooled down i top it off. i dont think you let it run long enough nor did you get all the air out.

yes , for sure. what i do is run the engine and keep filling the radiator until it wont take anymore and starts forcing the water out, then i put the cap on. after 10 or 15 minutes of running, i shut the car off and when its cooled down i top it off. i dont think you let it run long enough nor did you get all the air out.

Thanks..Ill try that in the morning. right now if I try to work on it my attitude is gonna make me hate it. Bad idea to work on my car after a stressful day like today.

Thanks..Ill try that in the morning. right now if I try to work on it my attitude is gonna make me hate it. Bad idea to work on my car after a stressful day like today.

LOL , just kick back take a break man, it will come together. i know the feeling all too well. things usually go smoother after i re-group.

top off the radiator
run the car for 10 or 15 minutes, the thermostat should have opened by then. if the gauge is creeping up to 220 then shut it off. after it cools down top it off.
if its still running way hot, im 99% sure the stat isnt opening.

LOL , just kick back take a break man, it will come together. i know the feeling all too well. things usually go smoother after i re-group.

yeah..usualy I set aside 100 for car repairs...got paid today and that whole stash is gone.

yeah..usualy I set aside 100 for car repairs...got paid today and that whole stash is gone.
you'll get it JR, i dont think its the radiator if you said water flowed through it. i know i've had my headaches with those dam stats. i learned fast to check them in boiling water every single time ive taken one out and put one in.

you'll get it JR, i dont think its the radiator if you said water flowed through it. i know i've had my headaches with those dam stats. i learned fast to check them in boiling water every single time ive taken one out and put one in.

yeah...might as well put a new one in anyways being as how its easy to get to. I just wish this car would act right long enough for me to get some cash saved up. This water in the trans thing is breaking the bank.

how is the fluid looking ? is it still working good?

i daily drive my duster , and once i got all the bugs worked it out, it has been working flawlessly this entire year.

actually its funny...it hauls *** down the road..doesnt slip a bit. drained out the fluid again tonight and replaced it with more fresh stuff. Eventually Ill have it all cleaned out heh.

actually its funny...it hauls *** down the road..doesnt slip a bit. drained out the fluid again tonight and replaced it with more fresh stuff. Eventually Ill have it all cleaned out heh.
excellent ! sounds like that part of it is good to go. the overheating is cake compared to a fried trans LOL

I did notice some black stuff in the bottom of my pan...any ideas?
you mean the trans pan? its not uncommon to find metal in them. it could just be band debri the water happened to catch, who knows. i wouldnt worry about it. just keep the fluid fresh and the water out of it LOL

i have seen some horrific stuff in pans of transmissions that were still working.

you mean the trans pan? its not uncommon to find metal in them. it could just be band debri the water happened to catch, who knows. i wouldnt worry about it. just keep the fluid fresh and the water out of it LOL

i have seen some horrific stuff in pans of transmissions that were still working.

ah ok. it didnt look like metal shaving..more like someone threw a black powder into it..idk really how to describe it

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back