To snorkel or not dual snorkel?

-

J-Dub

Reaction score
I have a numbers match 73 scamp 318, mostly original except for paint and some body damage which has been repaired. I've been siting on this nice dart dual snorkel I want to install before my next paint. I love the way it looks-but will it hurt the cars value?
Your opinion?
Thanks, Jeff

I wouldn't mind allowing some ventilation in. I Have factory a/c and in AZ it gets hot in there. (Forgot to mention it does have a factory 4 barrel intake, with an edelbrock )

Man its like my cuda . They aint big money cars just do what you want with it . Dont worry what it will be worth . if your worried bout that its worth again just like me you got the wrong mopar.

IMG_0467.JPG

yea - pop that bad boy on there - - as Asa eluded to - the car is not high on the collectors list/overly valuable.. make it yours and enjoy the car - in fact, you may find (if you do it right) you'll increase it's value.

Do you think it looks cool?

If so- Install it.
If not- Sell it.

I say go for it! They're cool looking and it'd really make that hood pop. The hoods on those things are kind of bland and a scoop helps break up the massive chunk of otherwise unadorned sheet metal.

I say go for it, just make sure you mount it in the correct location, or it will look stupid.........

Just find the center of your hood front to back and sides to side then measure the scoop and start tracing it out from the center out remember measure twice cut once

I'll get some measurements of where I put mine. I went off some measurements from a thread on here, then made modifications to the numbers to make it look better to me. I believe the biggest deal is getting the side to side at the front and the back of the scoop to be the same on both sides. Numbers usually don't lie lol

I wouldn't if I were you
I would throw that thing out

or better, ship it to me, and I will throw it out

2 1/2 from the middle top of the hood to the back middle part of the scoop. 17 1/2 from the rear sides of the scoop to the sides of the hood. 16 3/4 from the front sides of the scoop to the sides of the hood.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm about to put one on my '70 Duster but mainly for function, my 10.5:1 360 needs fresh air badly (pings a bit on really hot sunny days). I think they're one of the coolest looking factory scoops, very "contemporary" IMO and they go with the body/hood lines better than the big boxy Six-Pack style. And the earlier double-scoop setup would be tough to plumb in fresh air to the air cleaner the way they are located.

Do it! I did and love mine. Also, there wasn't a "factory" 4Bbl on a '73 318....
Yeah I know- I have a cast iron 4bl intake on it- from some mopar- but I kept the original 2bl in garage.

Here's how it came out. I did the 2 four inch holes per the thread.

dual snorkel scoop 73 scamp.png

-
Back