to trade or not to trade

-
Bump, come on any comments on this? anybody know this car? I think I may just have a look at it.

:-kA big block A body :-kI did not see if he has changed over to disk brakes, It is a very good looking car, Beware of white :shock: It hides body work real good. I would definitely drive it and put it on a car lift before I made any decisions.
Yep personal preference is the key here.

How long have you had your 65 Dart ? and what engine is in it ?.
Body work can be dun right or wrong, But you won't know it for about a year down the road when it starts cracking and shrinking :angry7: or even fall right off if dun wrong :read2:

I say put a stroker and the 8 3/4 in the 65 and have some fun.Then again the 68 is nice also.Talk him down for sure.It,s your choice,let us know.:toothy10:

This car I'm sure was at Mopar Fest last summer. I heard it run,sounded very tough,strong, Overall nice car.It is personal preferance.If you are bored with your car maybe a change would do you good!! Just my 2 cents...Craig..

your 65 has nicer body lines (more character) sounds like if you want to go fast, the valiant might be the way to go.

I wouldn't do it. For that kind of money armrests should be there. Also noticed that the car has a manual shift brake pedal. Wonder if the clutch pedal is under the carpet? Makes me wonder what sort of corners were cut under the hood. No way to tell since there are no pics of that. Big block A bodies are a lot of fun to drive for about 6 months. By then you are so sick of the shortcomings that you are ready to get rid of the car. Had a '68 383 4 speed and a '69 440 auto. Started out with the '69 and traded it for the '68 within 3 months. Neither of them would turn, stop, or handle without a lot of effort and advance planning. Throw in the oven effect from the header heat and the need to pull the heater motor and the master cylinder to adjust the valves, and the '69 was only fit for a weekend car. The '68 was a little bit better but the clutch was a leg killer. Both were tons of fun in a straight line, but life isn't like that. If I were in your shoes I would take the money the guy wants for boot and build a small block stroker for your Dart. That's my 2 cents.

IMHO I think he's asking about 3K to much. For that price the interior should be all there, as was mentioned above. Also for that price yes it should have disc brakes out front and power steering (BB weight over the front end) and sub frame connectors. Check also that the cooling system has been upgraded eg. 3 core rad or aftermarket aluminum and that the wiring under the hood hasn't been butchered.

That 68 has been for sale for ages!!! i think he started around $18k. Decent looking car but a) I'm not into big block A bodies, and b) too much $$$! What kind of deal have you got with him? How much $$$ does he want you to add?

If you are looking for something, why not get a project yourself? Start with a rustfree shell and go from there? There is a guy up my way that has a 69 swinger for sale. Orig /6 but now a 340. I havent seen it, but apparently gorgeous, and mint with almost everything factory correct. His starting price is $15k sounds like a nice guy spoke with him for about 2 hours last night. If you want email or pm me and I can shoot you his number. Snake(Don) on the forum knows him as well.

Thanks again to everyone for the great advice. I will be keeping my 65 and building it according to my original plan (for now):-D Just have to make the time,

tough call man, i love the looks of those 68-69 valiants, and you don't really see that many of them around, personally i'd go for the 68 but it's all personal preferance, if the 68 had a cooler colour then white then i'd say go for it but i think that's about the only thing holding it back.

Keep the 65, it's a nice clean car. Better looks than a 68 and you'll get more looks when you drive it. 68 and up are nice but there's alot of them around. Early A-Bodies rule...they have way more style...and less of them around...Sometimes your better off keeping what you have, you never know what your buying...The best looking candy in the store isn't always the best tasting....power or style...or have both with the 65

Jmho I would keep the car you have. The money you spend on diff. could be a good start on your paint job. Plus you KNOW what you got with your car.

-
Back