To use or not to use

How many of you use a inpection cover or dont use it

• I use the inspection cover

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • I dont use the inpection cover

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
-
I forsee a dust cover-frisbee flying across your yard..

Once those things are bent, they can be VERY annoying to try and straighten out... been there.. good luck..

hope I'm wrong..

Well you were right! I wrecked it! Its almost in a half circle the wrong way now! Although I stopped throwing things, because as pissed off as I am. I get more pissed when I have to go and walk to pick up the thing I just threw...

It's one of those times I regret being right..

So,, anyone reading this thread,, be really-really nice to those dust shields,, bend it,, and you'll likely regret it..

hope it helps

It's one of those times I regret being right..

So,, anyone reading this thread,, be really-really nice to those dust shields,, bend it,, and you'll likely regret it..

hope it helps

It really didnt take much to get this thing to curl either. Couple little whacks with a 20 sledgehammer and it just curled. I cant figure out why? :blob:
Actually it was a small ballpien hammer.

Thankfully, a guy locally had a very nice straight one. Didnt cost me a arm and a leg either.

Has anyone made one out of thicker aluminum?

I would think there would be a fitment problem. Mostly because of the clearance issues up around the oil pan and rear main. If you could somehow figure out that issue it would probably be a pretty nice piece.

-
Back