To you Mopar only guys !!!!

-

Yote

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Actually, ---- I do prefer Mopar. BUT ----- this is my other auto. My Dad bought it in the mid 50's. I remember it being driven into the farm yard with the old horn blaring. It then sat in a fence row for years. He then loaned it to another to get "drivable" again and enjoy for several years. It was parked again for several years. After my Dads passing a few years later the title arrived in the mail from my mom to me. It sat a few years more, it was getting pretty rough, then I HAD it restored as near origional as reasonable. For some reason my Dad would never sell it though he had several offers. ( never saw much my Dad wouldn't sell ) . For that reason alone I will not sell it either. (At least not till it becomes necessary for one reason or another).
Yote

Is it a Ford? Sorry, once you go earlier than 60's I can't tell. Cool truck though!

from the title of the thread I wasn't sure I should look (I own a Chevy truck) - but my curiosity got the best of me - - as usual :D - that is a KEEPER for sure! I hope you NEVER HAVE to sell it - more pics x2! Thanks for posting it.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
1930 model A, (yes Ford) ,even though the title says it's a '29. No way is it a '29. The cowl lights and rock guard on the radiator make it a deluxe model. It has a soft top. When I had it restored the man asked what color I wanted it. I told him origional if possible. The only place he found any origional color was under the tag riveted to the firewall. It is maroon with black fenders. Hard to see the maroon unless you're close in the right light. That color is considered unusual because it is a passenger car color on a commercial vehicle.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Had to take a break to get more pics for you guys. I am glad you appreciate it. Origional wood would have been painted.
Yote

"original"

"No way is it a '29."
Yes, that can be a bit confusing.

Back then, all the auto manufacturers began their new model year production around July 20 of the year. For example, until July of 1929 they made 1929 models. Then on or about July 20, 1929 they started making the 1930 models.

However, the states registered vehicles based on the year they were manufactured or sold. So the states registered the cars built between July and December, 1929 as 1929 models and the ones built between January and July, 1930 as 1930 models, even though the manufacturers considered both groups of vehicles to be 1930 production.

That's interesting, I have not heard that. I have seen in a Ford museum a '29 and a ' '30 . Those were distinguishlby different just behind the door window and in front of the door.
Yote

Some good stuff going on in this thread, I would rate this one a 5 stare :thumbsup:
Thank you on my behalf :thumbsup:

-
Back