todays stupid little project....

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
i bought valve covers @ carlisle last year. they were stock looking chrome ones new in the box. i originally thought about putting them on chrome but decided to paint them motor color... so djv sprayed them for me and they have been collecting dust since... since it was so nice out today i figured i would get off my lazy butt and actually put them on.. i think it looks allot better now. shame i didn't do this last year...LOL

yea yea yea i know i have to get rid of that gas filter... its next on the list....:)

before

DSC09922.jpg

after

DSC09924.jpg

like that? totally custom...lol.. when i painted it what 12 or so years ago the wiper motor looked like crap so i went right over the stupid thing.. planned on painting it black but never got around to it...

You painted the chrome covers? Are chrome covers cheaper to paint? I would have given you some plain covers. It does look good though.

I did not see it at first!!! The wiper motor.

looks great that way. I will have to remember that. :salute:

mikedevore said:
You painted the chrome covers? Are chrome covers cheaper to paint? I would have given you some plain covers. It does look good though.

three reasons i painted the chrome ones...

1) they were cheaper and in better shape then the stock ones i had come across. have you seen what these clowns are getting for nice clean stock valve covers anymore?? its crazy.

2) they don't have the plug wire holders on them which works better for me..

3) i was originally gonna stick them on there chrome but the more i thought about it i didn't think i would like it.....

yea i liked them for a little while but got board of them... plus they fit like crap.. had to gring the hell out of them and they still hit the intake..

-
Back