Too much gear?

-
Bringing back my year old thread from the dead. Got to the track a year after I posted this thread. Got another win in trophy class!

IMG_1510.JPG

This time out after going over the car and checking everything I could think of I decided to cut the factory tail pipes off the car. I knew they killed a little power with the old cam but it killed even
More worth the new cam. It has 2.5 inch pipes from the header back to some flow master 40's that were on the car when I bought it. I also changed to the newer FBO box and coil with rev limiter and no ballast resistor from the old FBO box and coil. That was the only changes from last year, everything else was the same, car ran 13.08 @104 on the rev limiter through the traps on its first run. 2nd run after upping the rev limiter, 12.93@105. Car trapped at 6500-6600 wich was 5-600 more than last year with the tail pipes on and picked up 7 mph, 98-105.

This time out after going over the car and checking everything I could think of I decided to cut the factory tail pipes off the car. I knew they killed a little power with the old cam but it killed even
More worth the new cam. It has 2.5 inch pipes from the header back to some flow master 40's that were on the car when I bought it. I also changed to the newer FBO box and coil with rev limiter and no ballast resistor from the old FBO box and coil. That was the only changes from last year, everything else was the same, car ran 13.08 @104 on the rev limiter through the traps on its first run. 2nd run after upping the rev limiter, 12.93@105. Car trapped at 6500-6600 wich was 5-600 more than last year with the tail pipes on and picked up 7 mph, 98-105.

I trap mine about 500rpm past peak hp and it goes faster that way.

-
Back