Took 6 years, but I'm finally starting my new race car.

-
Well I bet you thought this thread had died? But it's still alive but moving slow. Stripmasters is starting the media blasting, metal/body work and it has come time to order the fiberglass parts. I need a Hemi bolt on hood, front fenders, bumpers and a deck lid. I'm going to drop ship them to where the car is. So i need some help from you all. Who is making the best stuff? Quality and price wise. Thanks for your help

Well I bet you thought this thread had died? But it's still alive but moving slow. Stripmasters is starting the media blasting, metal/body work and it has come time to order the fiberglass parts. I need a Hemi bolt on hood, front fenders, bumpers and a deck lid. I'm going to drop ship them to where the car is. So i need some help from you all. Who is making the best stuff? Quality and price wise. Thanks for your help

Hear lots of good things about Glasstek.

Really enjoyed this thread. Just a question about timeline on media blast / bodywork.

It looks like you dropped the car off at Stripmasters on Aug 3 2013 and they are just starting the work now? That is 10 months sitting in the shop before anyone touched it. Did they tell you it would be this long before they started?

there is a two year waiting list at this shop,and roy knew this when he dropped the car off,mark

there is a two year waiting list at this shop,and roy knew this when he dropped the car off,mark

Thanks Mark. I was wondering why he was so patient with the wait.

I had this happen to me at a shop...but I didn't know the wait times when I dropped it off!:protest:

Check With AAR.... https://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/

Really enjoyed this thread. Just a question about timeline on media blast / bodywork.

It looks like you dropped the car off at Stripmasters on Aug 3 2013 and they are just starting the work now? That is 10 months sitting in the shop before anyone touched it. Did they tell you it would be this long before they started?

No I knew going in it was going to take a long time. Ray the owner is a good fiend of mine and he is doing a lot of the labor himself and is the only way I can afford his shops quality of work. Throw in a few other unforeseen set backs and I'm good with the whole thing.

Trust me Roy. You will be happy. Doing this at cost for a great friend and great person. Look for pics in the next couple weeks

I just read this whole thread, when i seen the first date i thought "sweet I'm going to see a finished car ", still no updates? This is why i don't like using the buddy system, i always learn to do it myself or pay full price so i can get things done quickly.

Well if your rich you can call Hass or R J race cars and have one built I short order. If not you go what ever route you can. It still is in the works. I waited 6 years to start another race car so I can wait as long as it takes. I should get the car back by May of 2015.

Well if your rich you can call Hass or R J race cars and have one built I short order. If not you go what ever route you can. It still is in the works. I waited 6 years to start another race car so I can wait as long as it takes. I should get the car back by May of 2015.

LOL, i'm broke, been working on mine for 5 years. I was just saying that it sucks paying someone to do the work and still having to wait forever to get it completed.

Quite a bit of work has been done but the car is 8 hrs away from me so I haven't been there to post pictures. But I'm going to see if I can get Ray or Mark to take some and post them.

hey roy what happened to the pics i sent to you?anyways im working at the other shop all week,but i'll try to to get some posted,mark

Sorry Mark I forgot about those. Here are a few pictures after the car was media blasted in August.

Attachments

• DSCN6694(1).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 634
  • DSCN6697.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 647
  • DSCN6698(1).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 633
Hey sorry Roy didn't mean to cause a stir was just wondering how the project was moving along. Nice pics. I can't wait to see you out at the track. My car is still not done 4 years and counting but we are almost ready to put the motor in for the final time, just waiting on a few small bits.

Did i cause a stir? Sheesh, all i said is i was disappointed i didn't get to see a finished car on the last page..... I guess my posts were mis-understood.

-
Back