Took 6 years, but I'm finally starting my new race car.

-
Some pictures of the body work.

Attachments

• DSCN9164.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 990
  • DSCN9159.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 960
  • DSCN9222.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 969
  • DSCN9223.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 941
  • DSCN9224.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 932
  • DSCN9225.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 971
Looks great Roy are you going to have to open up the rear wheel openings.

Nice. I have to get back to work on my leaker, I mean Dart. :)

I know we talked about it in the past but you and I need to do lunch together and get to know each other better. I'd love to check out your toys.

Let me know sometime I'm off on Sundays and Mondays. I hope to get my car back to my shop next week.

Well May 20 2015, which is less than a a month away will be 3 YEARS since I started this project thread! After being at the body shop for two years and cost running a whole lot more than I was told I threw in the towel. I ordered a new Freedom 8.5 x 24 enclosed car trailer and just picked it up on 4-22-15.
I then went to Milton Fl. picked up my unfinished 68 Dart sedan, and I'm hauling it home to park it in my new hauler in the yard. I'm going to contemplate just where I'm going from here with this thing. As soon as I get a chance I'll get some pictures of it and post them to show you where it's at right now. I'm not sure just yet what and the hell I'm going to do with it. I have more money in this thing at this point than I care to say. Still needs body work,fiberglass body parts fitted and paint before I can put the thing together. I'm kind of just sick about the whole thing. gotta take some time to think about it.

Don,t give up!After giving my race car to a bodyman that said*3 months* I went and took the car from him after 8 months.Yes I had given him a good portion of the money:banghead: and the car was nowhere near done.I put the engine/Trans back in,along with all the trim and raced it in primer for a season.I got the car painted the following winter.I have to agree with you on the bodyman comment in the other thread.Hopefully you can do some of the work yourself,or carefully shop around for good help.

Don,t give up!After giving my race car to a bodyman that said*3 months* I went and took the car from him after 8 months.Yes I had given him a good portion of the money:banghead: and the car was nowhere near done.I put the engine/Trans back in,along with all the trim and raced it in primer for a season.I got the car painted the following winter.I have to agree with you on the bodyman comment in the other thread.Hopefully you can do some of the work yourself,or carefully shop around for good help.

I'm sure after a little break from the whole ordeal, I'll get back to it. I have a guy going to give me a price on finishing the paint and body work. We will see.

That sucks Roy I kinda know how you feel my car is still not finished either. I took mine in to get a few bits welded up and the shock tower mod done, ended up taking 8 months and 8k more than I planed. My car is a huge money pit. You mind as well just knuckle down and get it knocked out and then go have some fun.

Never mind. I just read in another thread that you have body shop issues.

Great news Roy!!! Maybe I can bring mine by sometime and check yours out.

sgbarracuda , thats my engine combo , 400 blk 3.9 crank alum vi mopar head , new max wedge mopar intake , and afb's for my 63 sf car . super gas is was c/r 12 - 13.5 , race purple gas or e85 ? would like to talk about engine builds if you like . thanks pm

Attachments

• scan0007.pdf
    420.5 KB · Views: 434
Car has been sold to Ken Johnson (AKA) 1badazdart of Holliday fl
The dart is moving slow but do have update
Put in aluminum fire wall
Yes I had to open up the rear quarters for tires to fit 3 inches
I have the cage painted
Started on body work
Passenger door done have lexan cut for side windows
Looking for glass finders and hood and bumpers

The dart is moving slow but do have update