Took 6 years, but I'm finally starting my new race car.

-
Hey Steve. The floor pan will be drop shiped next week at you work place.

OK good deal Roy. I'll be in Miami all week for training but I'll have my son take care of it, my truck will be there. I saw you called last night but I was already sleeping. Had to work today, just got home a little while ago. If the weather holds off tomorrow we can get some work done.

OK it took me a couple weeks because I forgot to bring my camera last week but here are some progress pics.

Attachments

• sgbarracuda3 001.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,409
  • sgbarracuda3 003.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,365
  • sgbarracuda3 004.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,374
  • sgbarracuda3 009.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,397
  • sgbarracuda3 005.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,419
  • sgbarracuda3 006.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,381
:finga:Hi S G It's ben a few months since I talked to you, glad to here your going to get back into the grove, and guitar is helping you. Hi Guitar , While guys I haven't done a lot racing in last 6 months, but 5 weeks ago the new owner of Lakeland had a gamblers race at lakeland and I won the pot . the old dart and I had a ball. not as fast as you guys, but car is very consistant. I hope we can all get togeather and race as a A body group , it shere would be fun. Guitar are you racing any races in next 2 months, around Orlando ? Let me know, if so I will try to be there with Dart.

Hey Gary, Orlando is closed and from what I hear from the rumour mill is that Carl is retiring and the guy that runs Lakeland (also owns Horsepower Sales I guess?) is going to take it over. I don't know though. I've also heard that the Hart's who own the property along with the circle track and New Smyrna Speedway may be looking to sell.

So no, no racing for me.

Man looking good Steve. I see you've been busy. I'm waiting on all the new front end parts from Badart. Can't wait to get-r-done. Thanks for posting the pictures. Gary getting all the A-bodies together in the future sounds like a great idea.

:eek:ops:Sorry to here they closed. Think about coming down to lakeland, its only 70 miles from east Orlando. They have good pay outs for Pro Super Pro Brackit. On Sat Nights. I Drive 70 miles from Spring Hill to race there, You can enter as just test n tune $10.00 Driver and $10.00 for car , and if you want to race brackits, it's a extra 20.00 before elim's start. the track has ben refurbished, it is very nice. they are a IHRA. track.

:eek:ops:Sorry to here they closed. Think about coming down to lakeland, its only 70 miles from east Orlando. They have good pay outs for Pro Super Pro Brackit. On Sat Nights. I Drive 70 miles from Spring Hill to race there, You can enter as just test n tune $10.00 Driver and $10.00 for car , and if you want to race brackits, it's a extra 20.00 before elim's start. the track has ben refurbished, it is very nice. they are a IHRA. track.

Hey let me know what weekend your going and I'll come see you.

I will go next Sat if it dos'nt rain. I'll let you know on fri night, A friend will be runnig his 408 nova also.

I saw the car Saturday,it looks like you guys made good progress on Sunday,however I think the dogs look a little bored, if you could give them some meaningless tasks like you give me to do when I'm there they would not be falling asleep or wandering around like it looks like they are. I think the car looks good though, you guys do work good together,if you need any more technical help just ask, I'll be here for you. signed, your best pal CAW.

I saw the car Saturday,it looks like you guys made good progress on Sunday,however I think the dogs look a little bored, if you could give them some meaningless tasks like you give me to do when I'm there they would not be falling asleep or wandering around like it looks like they are. I think the car looks good though, you guys do work good together,if you need any more technical help just ask, I'll be here for you. signed, your best pal CAW.

You are a dork, you know that right? Ceasar just wonders around bumping into things and laying in front of the fan anyway. Poor little blind boy. Prissy is the designated hole digger.

Lookin good, bout time the ole dart got a facelift. Guess I may get a chance to paint it if you think I am worthy!

Lookin good, bout time the ole dart got a facelift. Guess I may get a chance to paint it if you think I am worthy!

Well I'll be, is that you Ray? Yup I plan on getting you to work your magic on it. If Steve gets it done in time it will be on Marks trailer when I come to get the Ramcharger. Welcome aboard?

Been around for awhile, just not a big A body guy as you know. But I have a personal interest in this ride. Think it will look great in Panther Pink!

I'll paint the trunk lid what ever color you like. Since you have plenty of times to look at it! LOL

So that was YOUR Barracuda, loved that car, wish I could have seen it race.Drooling as I watch this build. Love the post cars too. What block are you using for the 470? Just curious.

well we will have to see,remember mine says STRIPMASTERS and you'll see that alot.lol looking forward to having a beer or two when you get up here,mark

It is a low beck 400 block 3.915 stroke.

What crank are you using and what year is the block? What horsepower range are you building for?

I'm asking because I have a 400 block from a 77 Cordoba that I have considered building. I need to get it tested though to make sure it is a good block. Thanks for the info.

This is a muscle motors stroker kit with 6.70 h beam rods and Wiesco Flat top pistons at zero deck height. I'm also going to install a Main stud girdle. Also using Stage VI P5249579 Max wedge heads. Should end up in the 650-700 HP range.

This is a muscle motors stroker kit with 6.70 h beam rods and Wiesco Flat top pistons at zero deck height. I'm also going to install a Main stud girdle. Also using Stage VI P5249579 Max wedge heads. Should end up in the 650-700 HP range.

SG, thanks for the info. That is going to be some combination.

OK, I know I haven't posted anything in awhile, it's been a really screwed up couple of weeks but we did get the floor cut out. We'll be back at it today so I'll post some more pics soon.

Attachments

• sgbarracuda 001.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,258
  • sgbarracuda 002.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,211
  • sgbarracuda 003.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,204
-
Back