Took 6 years, but I'm finally starting my new race car.

-
Has there been any Geetar Jones sightings????????

Steve has had a member in his family that had a bad accident and I'm sure he has been tied up with that. I'll let him tell you more or not. I'm dieing to get going on this project but i understand family comes first. I'll just have to be patient.

My youngest son (21) crashed on his motorcycle. No ones fault but his own. He says he was doing 50 but I think he was going a lot faster than that. He was tore up very badly but no permanent injuries just a lot of scars. He's doing much better now and is up and getting around on his own so we'll be back to work on Roy's Dart real soon.

My youngest son (21) crashed on his motorcycle. No ones fault but his own. He says he was doing 50 but I think he was going a lot faster than that. He was tore up very badly but no permanent injuries just a lot of scars. He's doing much better now and is up and getting around on his own so we'll be back to work on Roy's Dart real soon.

Sorry to hear about your son. Kids heal quick, unlike us. I shattered my foot in a motorcycle wreck about 3 months ago and it still hurts as I type this.

Yeah kids do heal quickly.

OK Roy, both a pillar down bars are in, rocker bars are in and the fuel cell mounts are done. I took some pics with my phone I just need to figure out how to get them onto my computer now. I'll try to get them up as soon as I can.

I was unable to download the cell phone pics so I bought another camera and here are some pics.

As I noted before the A pillar bars are in, the rocker bars are in, the dash bar is in and the main hoop supports are now in as well as the fuel cell and most of the tunnel stretch metal. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• sgbarracuda5 002.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,355
  • sgbarracuda5 010.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,332
  • sgbarracuda5 009.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,302
  • sgbarracuda5 007.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,360
  • sgbarracuda5 006.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,342
  • sgbarracuda5 005.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,317
  • sgbarracuda5 004.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,331
Some more pics, these show the mock up bars we made for the forward strut bars. We don't have a tubing bender, yet, so we have to have the bars bent but we took some scraps and made these mock ups to go by.

There is also some more pics of the trans tunnel and floor sheet metal work.

Attachments

• sgbarracuda6 001.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,267
  • sgbarracuda6 002.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,239
  • sgbarracuda6 003.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,245
  • sgbarracuda6 006.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,275
Thanks for the update. I've been so busy with the first Grandson and hunting that I havn't been able to get on line much. Thanks Steve for the update, pictures look great.

What size tube and wall on the cage? I may have it for the snout bars and can bend them up and send them to you. Anything to help a member out. I got a great deal on hrew 1.75" x .120" a while back.

Thanks Badart, the tube is 1 5/8 .125 wall. We have a guy local that will bend them for us no charge but Lyle said when I come out this weekend there will probably be a tubing bender there. lol

I figured that it was 1 5/8". SCCA has different cage requirements. Sounds like you got it under control. Great job btw.

What size tube and wall on the cage? I may have it for the snout bars and can bend them up and send them to you. Anything to help a member out. I got a great deal on hrew 1.75" x .120" a while back.

Thanks Badart for the offer of helping Steve. This is the car your front end parts are going on.-------------Roy

Great thread! I'm starting my 72 build with a back half four link also. I'm subscribed to this one. Once I get passed the initial parts buying I'll have to open a thread up here too. Haven't found any other member drag race builds on here.

Looking good!!!!!! Still taking note here. Maybe one day I will do the
Back half of my dart sometime soon.

Ok, both front bars are in, the door bars are in so the cage is done. The front floor and tunnel are done, there is still some tacking left to do but it's basically done.

Roy I'll call you this week to discuss what we are doing from here.

Attachments

• sgbarracuda dart 007.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 996
  • sgbarracuda dart 006.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,044
  • sgbarracuda dart 003.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 998
  • sgbarracuda dart 002.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 980
  • sgbarracuda dart 001.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 1,034
Steve sorry I missed your call. I called you back and left a message. Call me when you can.

OK, I actually haven't fallen off the face of the earth. We've been trying to do as much as possible but it's been cold and nasty on some of these days.

We've been working on the wheel tubs, one is in and we should have the other in this weekend.

Attachments

• wheel tubs 005.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 826
  • wheel tubs 004.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 814
  • wheel tubs 003.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 822
  • wheel tubs 002.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 826
  • wheel tubs 001.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 862
A few more pics