took my 8 year old son on a full throttle blast

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
took my boy out for a ride yesterday,he hasent rode in it for 5 years . i have already been bringing him to all and any car events.we were crusin along and stopped at a redlite sitting next to a nice looking 69ss396 .we looked at each other and it was on! look over at michael and he's smiling,i said hold on boy,lite turned green the converter flashed 4000 very small tire spin shifted at 6500 didnt see him stayed on it 6000 3rdgear let off. michael was laughing so hard he had to catch his breath,beat the chevelle by about six ca
r lenghs. the guy couldnt belive its a 360..... buying parts i dont need , spending money i should save, to race someone i dont like.

You gave your son a happy memory he will have for his lifetime, good for you:cheers:

If your son is like mine your creating a monster lol, he is 8 also and is already Mopar crazy. Good for you sounds like your in for years of good times together.

If your son is like mine your creating a monster lol, he is 8 also and is already Mopar crazy. Good for you sounds like your in for years of good times together.

Every chance you get!! Of corse, safely. I'll never forget my dad's old dune buggy. DHR would take a kid away for all the fun we had together in that thing! Those are the memories that last!

Nice! Brought back memories of beating up on SS396 Chevelles on Whittier Blvd. back in the very early '70s.
Michael had a story for his friends at school and will remember that forever.

He will always remember that for sure, Uncle Robert took me on a blast like that when I was about 8 years old in an old four speed Satellite I think it was a 67 model before the 68 road runner body, A stretch of road next to some rail road tracks you could see two miles or more up the road and my mom had a fit :protest::angryfir::shock::director:
RIP Uncle Robert, You made sure I had a father figure in my life. :burnout::color:

nice. you should take hime to ohlone in june. pretty good mopar show thats local to us.
i take him to the one in june its the only date i know they have that show its his birthday the 6th.we saw your car there.its very cool.also redfastbacks barracuda.

bro you should had a video on him that would have been sweet but it aint too late for the next run im sure everyone here would dig it

Nice! Brought back memories of beating up on SS396 Chevelles on Whittier Blvd. back in the very early '70s.
Michael had a story for his friends at school and will remember that forever.
my dad did the same in his ss 396,yea he's a chevy guy.

bro you should had a video on him that would have been sweet but it aint too late for the next run im sure everyone here would dig it
i dont have a camera yet but yea he started laughing as soon as i hit it ,it was funny.

I still have great memories in my Dads Black/Black 65 SS Impala, with the forever winding 327.........

Did that exact thing to a few Dodge guys...............

i got the bug from having to ride in slow azz chevies my entire childhood.rofl

He will definitely remember it. When I was 9 I was with my dad who had a 57 Vette with the 283/283 horse factory dual quad engine. Some young kid pulled up beside my dad at a light and asked my dad if he wanted to run. My dad never even looked over at him or said anything but when the light changed my dad left his *** in the dust. I was stunned because my dad was a very careful driver and a very reserved man who never even broke the speed limit!!

My first good ride was in (I think it was a 64) GTO, 389, 4 speed. Once you get some g-force, you are hooked.

The first ride like that for me was when my dad and I were bring home his newest ride back in '06. He just bought a #s matching, stock 1972 Buick GS Stage 1 and we were coming home. We got stuck behind some slow driver on a back road, and my dad haven't had a muscle car in a while, used the opportunity to test his new ride out. He hammers it down, instantly thrown into the seat, and blew right pass the slow driver. He took it all the way to 110mph before letting off on it. It still want to keep going thou (what do you expect when an engine has 510 ft/lb of torque stock). Oddly enough I remember laughing too.

My dad always had to have some kind of Mopar Muscle as his car for as far back as I can remember. A 1959 DeSoto Golden Adventurer w/ 383 2x4 barrel carbs,(gas gage went down as fast as the speedometer went up) a 1964 Plymouth Fury 383 4 barrel w/3.23 sure grip rearend, then a 1967 Plymouth GTX 440 4 barrel to name a few. I went with him when he test drove the GTX and the salesman told dad to turn down this one street that had little traffic on it. One car went by and the salesman told dad to wait for the car to get a long ways away before stepping on it so he waited a little while then he hit it... buried me in the backseat to say the least. 2 black strips, small space, 2 more black strips, small space, 2 more black strips till he got out of it! I could tell by the grin on his face that he had decided that that GTX was going to be his. He brought it home that day and I was with him to witness him destroy a 428 Cobra Jet Mustang, an SS 396 Camaro, and a SS 454 Monte Carlo to name a few. GOOD MEMORIES!!!!! Kind of explains why I am who I am now. :glasses1:

Right on! I remember being nine any Dad just fixing up the engine the the 67 Dart, the one I now have, and opening up heading down a street with me in the passenger seat. I became a Mopar lover right at that point and swore that car would be mine at 16. Thankfully he kept it and sold it to me for a dollar. He knew it would be in good hands.

Cool story! My dad never raced or beat on his cars, he was never a lead foot. I remember when I was a little kid we would go for a drive in the 66 Barracuda, I always wanted him to go fast or do a burnout but he wouldn't. The car has a 4-speed and at the light he would rev it up a little, (always thought it was cool you could do that with a car and not shift like an auto) I remember seeing the factory tach jump and the 273 Commando rumble, never forget that. Even today when I drive the same car, I don't hammer on it, but just drive it like he did and of course, rev it up the same too :happy2:

Funny thing is, now when dad drives MY 66, he feels the need to drive it like he stole it and gets rubber in all 4 gears :thumleft:

My 3 year old daughter loves going for rides in my cars, especially the Valiant. She likes when I do a burnout or plant her tight into her car seat! Funny thing is, she also like watching the needle on the tach and says "dad, make the needle go up!" :love10: Can't wait till this summer....damn snow and below zero temps.

BTW, my dad is a member here (fishypete) and this is his Barracuda I grew up in ;-)

Attachments

• Picture 824.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture 659.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 44
-
Back