took the 4 speed to the track

-
A friend of mine runs a clutchless 5 speed in his old Camaro. It has been flawlless. Leave the line with the clutch and shift away. Although he doesn't have the brute HP and torque that you do. I'm sure Passion Perf. can help.

I'm not anywhere near your power level, but I do have a clutchflite trans sitting on the floor should my A-833 start giving me problems. :thumbup:

Wylde1.

A friend of mine runs a clutchless 5 speed in his old Camaro. It has been flawlless. Leave the line with the clutch and shift away. Although he doesn't have the brute HP and torque that you do. I'm sure Passion Perf. can help.

once the 833 is "pro-shifted" thats it... there are no other special gears or anything...

they are pretty limited on upgrades....

once the 833 is "pro-shifted" thats it... there are no other special gears or anything...

they are pretty limited on upgrades....

exactly, its time for the aftermarket!! i've seen guys go faster than me on 833's but they were in lighter cars. my dart thinks its a roadrunner.... i've never weighted the car with the 4 speed, but i know its significantly heaver than the auto.

At least you don't have to do the convert all at once yah know, going to a jerico and adjustable clutch. 4 speeds arent cheap but it's cool you can throw another 833 in there until you find a suitable replacement and still enjoy the heck out of it.
Good luck, hope to see that at a classic event or the nats.

exactly, its time for the aftermarket!! i've seen guys go faster than me on 833's but they were in lighter cars. my dart thinks its a roadrunner.... i've never weighted the car with the 4 speed, but i know its significantly heaver than the auto.

we weighted the Mr. norms car 8pt cage, full interior (other than no rear seat), glass front end, lakewood bell housing, weighed 3250 with no driver and 5gals of gas

but yea its the weight that kills...

we weighted the Mr. norms car 8pt cage, full interior (other than no rear seat), glass front end, lakewood bell housing, weighed 3250 with no driver and 5gals of gas

but yea its the weight that kills...

man, that one was way lighter than mine. with the auto and with out me mine was 3560. then im another 220. weighed exactly the same on 2 different scales. must be all the bondo. lol

man, that one was way lighter than mine. with the auto and with out me mine was 3560. then im another 220. weighed exactly the same on 2 different scales. must be all the bondo. lol

damn... did you use plexi side glass? fix rear windows/no regs? straps on the front with plexi...

we dont cut out anything other than the wheelwells so its not like we were trying to lighten it...

as you know we just go for correctness...

damn... did you use plexi side glass? fix rear windows/no regs? straps on the front with plexi...

we dont cut out anything other than the wheelwells so its not like we were trying to lighten it...

as you know we just go for correctness...

nope, its still got all the GTS trim. regular windows that work. full interior including the back seat. radio. plus it has iron hemi heads, MP cross ram, indy valve covers, MP block, stock style dana. guess its just got alot of fat!! But ultimately its still a legit street car, i really do drive it.

nope, its still got all the GTS trim. regular windows that work. full interior including the back seat. radio. plus it has iron hemi heads, MP cross ram, indy valve covers, MP block, stock style dana. guess its just got alot of fat!! But ultimately its still a legit street car, i really do drive it.

the iron hemi heads are where all the weight is!!

i know they are expensive but why not run the mag crossram from A&A??

we used it on the Mr. Norms motor (and all the others) its a 472 with 300ish duration @ .050 and 700+ valve lift, 12.5:1 comp spinning it to 6500 and the manifold wasn't a restiction! were using the correct carbs for 68 and jetted it just like the MP book said to for a original race hemi... it was to fat all around by like 5 jets!

the iron hemi heads are where all the weight is!!

i know they are expensive but why not run the mag crossram from A&A??

we used it on the Mr. Norms motor (and all the others) its a 472 with 300ish duration @ .050 and 700+ valve lift, 12.5:1 comp spinning it to 6500 and the manifold wasn't a restiction! were using the correct carbs for 68 and jetted it just like the MP book said to for a original race hemi... it was to fat all around by like 5 jets!

mainly because im running a hemi on a 440 budget.. it took several years to collect the parts that are in it now. lol

mainly because im running a hemi on a 440 budget.. it took several years to collect the parts that are in it now. lol

I hear ya.
Little by little builds are the only way some of us can do it.

Hope you get it all tied back together and smacked on the *** ready to gallop.
Your car is friggin bad *** by the way!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the car it look good going down the track, now you got me scared I guess i'll do like you and keep the car on the street once I get it together. Still waiting on the motor but getting closer. My tranny is stock so I hope it holds even on the street.

Sorry to hear about the car it look good going down the track, now you got me scared I guess i'll do like you and keep the car on the street once I get it together. Still waiting on the motor but getting closer. My tranny is stock so I hope it holds even on the street.

Hemi box will be hard to kill on the street. i'll let you know how my next one holds up....

Hey Hemi GTS Sorry to hear about your trans. I have some info for you about the hemi trans, The guy I got all my trans parts from is Dave Johnson from Syracuse, N.Y. ( Sorry to say Dave past away a few mouths back) he worked for new process building 833 till he retired. He told me when I asked if my 23 spline would last, that I would probably break the 18 spline before the 23 because a bunch of the hemi trans got out with gear that were not properly harden before they caught it. He told me about one that he fixed in a low mileage hemi gtx just driving normal around town shifted in to second gear felt a bang no more second. I don't know how true this is but I have personally seen and heard of more broken 18 than 23 in all the years I have been messing with 833 4spds. So maybe it would be a good thing to just have the hardness of the gears checked.

I'm pretty sure his trans was all chryo'd he just makes lots of power with a very heavy car.

Four speeds are cool,I had a buddy that ran mid 9s in an early barracuda with a 23 spline but there aint much weight,he had a n/a 340 with w2s.Very cool video-make me wanna go jam gears,what was the guy running next to you in the green dart?.

Any of you guys have any issues with the Liberty shifted trans wanting to pop out of gear? I'm running a 18 spline that is freshly rebuilt with new gears etc, pro shifted 1-2 and faceplated 3-4 recently. It shifts great and no vibration. I'm using a Hurst Vertigate and the stops are set so it's getting in gear, it just wants to pop out when you let off the gas/decelerate.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

I was running a CF Dual Friction for a very short time, smoked it in short order now I have a McLeod dual disc. Haven't run the car at the track yet with the new clutch, will later this month and see how it does. With this clutch hoping to get the 60' times down!

-
Back