Toolbox on Craigslist, is it Worth it?

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Is this older Matco worth 200 bucks? It seems so to me. Thinking about picking this up on Saturday.

toolbox.jpg

Anything with drawers and casters is worth $200. toolmanmike

Dare I mention the thieft factor ? Rolling tool boxes often find their way to the pawn shops. Everybody needs one though. Good luck

Dare I mention the thieft factor ? Rolling tool boxes often find their way to the pawn shops. Everybody needs one though. Good luck

My present box (top, middle and bottom roller) is full and overflowing and I'm hanging crap on pegboard. Yes, they get stolen. That's what happened to my first Snap-On box. :angry7: Now I only buy used boxes so it doesn't hurt so much if it happens again. I've got a pretty good security plan at my new place that involves high-voltage. :-D

Heck yea. I f you don't use it, you can sell it for the same, if not, more.

Oh yea!!! I would love to have that right now!!!! My top,middle and bottom is totally overloaded and i've had to start filling up smaller tool boxes. That would be gggrrreeeaaattt!!!

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I e-mailed the guy and am going to run up there this Sat. Hopefully it doesn't get sold before then.

Like you say Fishy, it looks like it's got a lot of room in there and also looks mighty sturdy and has giant casters. Plus it's got an "Old School" look that I like and I can always put a top box on it later or hang a side box off it.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I e-mailed the guy and am going to run up there this Sat. Hopefully it doesn't get sold before then.

Like you say Fishy, it looks like it's got a lot of room in there and also looks mighty sturdy and has giant casters. Plus it's got an "Old School" look that I like and I can always put a top box on it later or hang a side box off it.

Sorry Joe, but I am on a Jet Blue flight right now, landing in about 2 hours, already have the truck rented and will be driving back with that toolbox....

you snooze you lose.........:bootysha::-D:-D:-D:-D

Sorry Joe, but I am on a Jet Blue flight right now, landing in about 2 hours, already have the truck rented and will be driving back with that toolbox....

LOL sounds like someone lost their drawers too.

YOU SUCK! :thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm: :-D:-D:-D

I lost the box and the drawers dammit! That's the last time I post a craigslist deal on here. I guess I better not mention the complete enclosed CNC center for $700 i'm going to buy to machine my own parts. :-D

YOU SUCK! :thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm: :-D:-D:-D

I lost the box and the drawers dammit! That's the last time I post a craigslist deal on here. I guess I better not mention the complete enclosed CNC center for $700 i'm going to buy to machine my own parts. :-D

LOL.......:toothy10: Flight got canceled anyway..... $700?? NICE!!!!! Show pics when you get it.

Off to get this box soon. I'll get a pic of it in my garage. There's a Target here that is liquidating their maintenance dept. I spied an old Craftsman industrial drill press built in the mid-early 70's. I'll have to see how much play there is in the quill. I might get that today too if it's not gone already.

Drill press was gone dammit. Got a giant vise, Millwaukee Heavy Duty 1/4 sheet palm sander and a Shumacher 10A battery charger for $50 though. Vises are big bucks these days. Got the guy to go down to $180 on the box. Bargain day at Joe's Garage.

Scamp,

I won't give away my security secrets but I will say it involves a 4' ground rod, a livestock shocker good for 10 miles of fence and some strategic wiring on the one window (and a few other things) that I haven't boarded up.

Mikey methhead will think he just saw God.

"Mikey Methead" I love it Ramcharger

I hate theives. I haven't been hit yet here but prevention beats a cure anyday of the week. My apologies to anyone here named Mike. I just couldn't think of another male name that starts with "M", lol.

BTW, this is one badass toolbox. It's got to be 100 lbs. The previous owner is a deisel mechanic and made drawer liners out of semi-truck mudflaps.

I won't give away my security secrets but I will say it involves a 4' ground rod, a livestock shocker good for 10 miles of fence and some strategic wiring on the one window (and a few other things) that I haven't boarded up.

Mikey methhead will think he just saw God.

I love it!! That sounds like what my grandpa used to do when I was a kid. We lived out in the country and only had an outhouse and every halloween the Hopper boys would push it over. They had a big surprise one halloween!! ZZZTTT, EOOOWWWW:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Funny thing. That outhouse never got touched again.

Why is it that the top section of my tool chests, just under the lid, always collect all kinds of junk? I can't stand it. I reminds me of a toilet lid.

-
Back